Author Topic: Everyone has questions, so I decided to create a 'poll' of sorts...  (Read 4985 times)

cody sockeye

What, in your opinion, is the worst part of having gynecomastia?

I personally haven't been teased in a while because I am very good at hiding it. I believe that the worst part for me is knowing that I have something to hide... That I can only go out in public if I'm wearing the right thing, that I know I can't wear thin shirts, etc., etc...

What is worst for you?

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
The worst thing for me was the reaction from other people. Whether it be the laughing, smirking, staring, finger pointing, physical groping etc...  Basically, feeling like a 'Freak'....   :-\

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline ultra123456

• Posting Member
the worst thing is that u know you will get some stars/ people going what the heck is that.. most people do not know it is that common.

Offline moobiesfighter

• Bronze Member
worst thing about gyne is...

THE BEACH, POOL AND LOCKER ROOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO TAKE YOUR SHIRT OFF..
ATLEAST IN PUBLIC YOU CAN WEAR DARK SHIRTS OR A BAGGY SHIRT..

Offline jofus22

• Posting Member
probably being self conscious if it poking through t-shirts.

Offline moobiesfighter

• Bronze Member
yea white t's are the worst for us gyne dudes!!!

I stick to black, dark blue, or dark red,
other then that nope!

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Note that no one has mentioned any sort of physical alment or problem.

The problems are Emotional, psychological, social etc.

The usual complaints are of low self worth, non-participation in various activities, social withdrawal and isolation.

Many young men feel that they are alone and that their condition is somehow freakish.

Thanks to this forum, at least the knowlege that gynecomastia is very common is becoming widespread.

Now at least the lad who has gynecomastia is not alone.
Grandpa Dan

Offline Time_to_fix_it

• Gold Member

I agree with Paw Paw that most elements are emotional, psychological and social, however I would add a physical element to this that hasn’t been mentioned yet in this thread.  I was one of those people who had quite painful nipples as the gland was growing.  I couldn’t bear to have anything touch them; even the material of a shirt touching them was uncomfortable.  If one of them was knocked accidentally it was very painful indeed and got me hopping around the room.

It was that pain that alerted me that something was wrong and got me off to my GP. When I was diagnosed with growing gyne, and as the breasts grew, that pain was a constant reminder of the problem.

I agree that most of the issues are emotional, psychological and social, but there is sometimes that physical pain/discomfort element as well.

Surgery performed by Mr Levick at The Priory Hospital Bimingham (UK) 20th October 2006

Offline omega

• Silver Member
for me. the worst part wasss that even if i had a gurl next to me id hesitate on takin off my shirt, and also the fact that i workout like  4-5 times a week. and even after all the strugle my chest wasnt shaped good. it just completly spoilt on the rest of my body

Offline normexcept

• Bronze Member
The worst part for me is that it has to be a part of so many decisions I make.  What I wear/don't wear, how I stand, where my seatbelt strap lands as it passes over my chest, etc...
It has become my arche nemesis.  Everything I do to bolster my self esteem is negated by how I see myself with gyne.  Pretty sad, huh?  I wonder what I'd be doing right now if I didn't have gyne.................

Offline LMC1307

• Bronze Member
Last night (night before my sugery) I did laundry. Whenver I am sorting through my tshirts, I sort of subconsciously rate how they make my gyno look. "Oh that shirt is thick, I'll wear that, or this is dark it will make it better, this one has lettering it will blend in. Or It is the middle of the day, I can't wear white" etc etc. Well then it hit me. From now on, a shirt will just be a damn shirt and I no longer have to worry about it!
Went under the knife on 7/27/07 - Revision 5/22/08 - Great results this far.
Surgery performed by Dr. Placik M.D. F.A.C.S. in Chicago, IL

Offline mikey321

• Posting Member
The worst part is the fact the it occupies your mind 24/7, you can't go for more than an hour with out worrying about if people can see it or not.

Offline TigerPaws

I had rather sever breast and nipple pain and I occasionally still do pain which reminds me that my breasts are still growing from time to time, when this happens I often have an unimaginable itch deep in the breast which can not be scratched. This is the breast tissue expanding and while I have not noticed any further it is a reminder that I am not done growing.

As a remedy I wear a high quality sports compression bra, they are very comfortable when I an hurting.

As others have said your fears and concerns about developing breasts is all in your head is as all self image/esteem issues, once you correct that problem and you can move on with your life, having breasts is a trivial matter.

Offline Ali19

• Silver Member
for me were the days when i looked really good, after a nice hair cut and shaving, and i would feel great, but than the thought of having gyne would pop into my head, and all the sudden i would get nervous and stuff, sucked soo much!

Offline zulu90

• Posting Member
im in the same boat. im good at hiding it and have been doing it since 12. ofcourse we all experiance the same stuff. for me the worst part is that it is affecting my future. i cannot join the military until i get said surgery. and even after i get it i have to wait another 6 months and hope that i dont get DQd. it could be worse though....ive been patient and stuck with it and finally got my insurance to cover it. and got a date.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024