Author Topic: testosterone level results  (Read 4172 times)

Offline bubba665

• Posting Member
I got bloodwork back and it says that my total testosterone level is 242.98 ng/dl. Anyone have any insight on this, as it appears that I would be considered an 'adult' on the included chart, which a normal level would be 175 - 781 ng/dl. Not sure on this though, as it lists stage 1- 5, then adult. I am 24.

Offline nukem2k5

• Breasts belong on women!
What's your estrogen level?  Hypo seems to know the most about blood work results.  Shoot him a PM.
Reborn on May 24, 2005
Surgery Cost: $4,040
Dr. David Metzner - New Orleans, LA
My Photos
Two Years Post-Op Photos

Offline shy

• Posting Member
You should run these results by your family physician.  Only he/she will be able to tell you everything you need.

Offline rcbrown23

That is awfully low for your age. What did your doc say? He/she is who you need to talk to.

The scale is better at 300-800...and at your age, you'd probably want to be above 550-600. I came out on the lower end at 442 ng/dl and I'm 25. I am now taking precautions/medications to increase that level some and decrease my estradiol which was at 45, which is on the upper end of "normal".

I don't know a whole lot about these issue's, just what I've picked up over the past month and a half, but I do know that that level is really low for a 24 year old.

Talk to your endo and see what he wants to do. Get all your results back also and see the exact numers, as there is probably something else that is too high/low (estradiol maybe).

-Brown

I think "Hypo" is only taking private messages right now, so you could PM him to see what he thinks when you get all your results. Keep in mind that these are just opinions, and you really NEED to talk to your doctor about this.  Definitley BEFORE you get any operation. On the bright side, lots of times in only takes a couple/few weeks on medication and your back on the right track.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2005, 06:19:06 PM by rcbrown23 »

Offline bubba665

• Posting Member
It is definately something I wouldn't go on lifelong medication for. I have a very mild case of gyne, most people don't notice it, basically I have kind of puffy nips. I am a muscular person, I work out a decent amount and have no trouble gaining strength. I am well over 6 feet tall and a couple hundred pounds with wide shoulders, big adams apple, etc, not feminine in the slightest. My sex drive has always been a bit low, but far from non existant. I have never taken any medications or steroids, aside from the occassional ibuprofin or something. I will talk to my doctor about my levels though and see what the deal is. If it is some small imbalance that gives me a bit of puffy nips and makes it hard for me to get rid of a couple vanity pounds on my midsection, it would be great to try and sort out, but not at the expense of my liver.

Offline rcbrown23

On the bright side, lots of times in only takes a couple/few weeks on medication and your back on the right track.

Talk about bad info !!!  There is a 99% chance he will be on drugs the rest of his life to treat  his low testosterone.  Unless he's coming off steroids or Propecia (which he still may need the drus forever with Propecia) there is NOTHING that is going to make his sytem normal again.  If he had very high E2 blocking the excess E2 would raise his T but agian that's another drug most lilely for life

I did not mean that a couple of weeks of medication and everything is better. I meant that if medication is nesseccary, it could help the situation within a couple of weeks, but would need to stay on the meds.

I was a bit low on Test and a bit high on Estradiol. Gynecomastia aside, I'd rather feel healthy by taking a pill everyday for the rest of my life than not. Again, I do not know a whole lot on the issue's, all I know is what I've picked up the last couple of months.

If there is an imbalance, you would feel much better, health wise, if it was fixed. Even if that means taking something for the rest of your life.

Gyne is just one of the "side effects" of a hormone imbalance. It could be doing other damage to other parts of his body, right?

Just my two cents---Talk to an endo, maybe your levels are normal for you, I dunno.

-Brown

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024