Author Topic: I'm a little taken back...  (Read 2237 times)

Offline LMC1307

• Bronze Member
Well, I went to see my doctor for my post op visit. Everything has gone so well, there is no gyno, but I'm worried. Before the operation, I had decent size pecs (for being 18). When I would flex, the gyno was just a white puffiness under the nipple that would clearly stick out from the skin and muscle, easily visible becuase I'm in decent shape. I am not a very large person, 5'8" weigh about 140lbs (I used to weigh 155, but that was when I was more chubby), and my goal is to lean bulk up to about 170. So anyways, my Dr. removed 300cc's from each breast, which is 10oz, and that is surprising because I just have no idea where it all came from! Now, my chest looks very tiny, almost like I haven't worked out at all. Of course he didn't remove muscle, but I suppose he removed a lot of fat that must have filled out my chest. Regardless, I just feel like my muscle looks so much smaller. I am hoping some of it is due to wearing this tight vest, and hopefully more definition will appear when the swelling goes down. Anyone else have this issue?

As soon as he took the vest off, I started feeling a little sick. I sat down, and all the sudden the room became very hot, I started sweating, I couldn't see straight, and I felt like I had to throw up. The Dr. laid me down and explained to me what I was feeling. I really wasn't feeling emotional towards it at all, but apparently I had a lot of subconscious anxiety and emotional baggage built up that was causing me to feel this way upon seeing things. He said it is common with athletes who he operates on. It was very odd, because I have never fainted or anything like that in the past.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2007, 06:18:17 PM by LMC1307 »
Went under the knife on 7/27/07 - Revision 5/22/08 - Great results this far.
Surgery performed by Dr. Placik M.D. F.A.C.S. in Chicago, IL

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
I couldn't advise you on your pecs,  but I'm guessing the dizzy/fainty feeling was probably due to blood rushing from everywhere including your head into your chest area when the pressure was removed.  I had to steady myself whenever I removed the vest to shower, 'cause I was afraid I would get dizzy and hit the tile floor.   That improved after I transitioned to the Underworks compression t-shirt.  I guess that's because the pressure in it was more evenly distributed over a larger area than with the vest. 
MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

Offline omega

• Silver Member
lol , yeah thats exactly what happend to me. just lay down, and ul feel much better whenever that happens. thats what i do ;)

Offline LMC1307

• Bronze Member
Nip I think you are right. I removed the vest today to shower and again later one to take a look, and both times I experienced the same dizziness and sweating and I could not see straight. Laying down immediately made me feel better. It really is all that pressure being released when you take the vest off.

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024