Author Topic: Confusion about surgery  (Read 1449 times)

Offline joshx21x

• Posting Member
i've finally come to terms with the fact that i'll have to get surgery for my gyne.  I'm a little discouraged, though.  I've just made a couple of phone calls to two Houston area surgeons.  One told me the surgery would only be $2600.  That seems way too cheap to be quality work.  The other told me somewhere in the $5000 range, but denied any knowledge of taking gladular tissue out, which is my main problem.  If anyone knows of any Houston area surgeons, please give me a heads up.  I'd really appreciate it.  Thanks.

Offline gyne35

• Posting Member
Bump for a good question.

I don't know as I can help a lot, but if the Doc says he doesn't know about taking gland out, I think I would back away.  I would definitely be asking "How many of these have you done before and do you have any patients or references that I can talk to.

Not to sound trivial, but if you can't find a PS in your area that you feel comfortable with, the cost of a plane ride and a couple of days in a hotel would probably be minimal compared to the stress of living with a botched job or having to go through it all over again.

I am in this boat...I don't know of any PS's locally so I'm looking at air travel and a hotel, but I figure it is $600 well spent.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024