Author Topic: nipples still puffy very concerned/sick  (Read 2734 times)

Offline iginla23

• Bronze Member
i had surgery 4 weeks ago, and my nipples are still puffy. i just cant believe it, i had excision alone, they looked good 1 week after surgery but since have worsened. what is really odd is when i flex my chest my nipples kind of squeeze into the middle and crease and compress a little. does this give me hope that my nipples will soon tighten or should i start looking into a revision? has anyone experienced this???

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
Try to relax for a couple of months and don't start forming opinions of final results.  You likely still have swelling which can be expected at 4 weeks into your recovery.  You may want to communicate this with your PS though, just for your peace of mind.  Answering those post op questions and concerns are part of what those guys are paid for, IMO. 
MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

DrBermant

i had surgery 4 weeks ago, and my nipples are still puffy. i just cant believe it, i had excision alone, they looked good 1 week after surgery but since have worsened. what is really odd is when i flex my chest my nipples kind of squeeze into the middle and crease and compress a little. does this give me hope that my nipples will soon tighten or should i start looking into a revision? has anyone experienced this???

Swelling can obscure results.  One month is very early after surgery for some techniques.

Posting Standardized Before and After Pictures can help others better understand your concerns.

How tissues evolve after surgery depends on the problem treated, surgical technique, skill of the surgeon, after care, scar care, and how a patient heals.  I prefer my Dynamic Technique in which there is minimal bruising and swelling.  The biggest change happens on the operating table.  That is how I am able to post images the day after surgery.  However, further refinement happens over time as sculpted tissues evolves as they soften with scar care, compression, and healing.  As with any cut, tissues need to heal and soften.

You can see other examples of early results:

in this competition body builder here.

This one sided (unilateral) gynecomastia shows the swelling after surgery typical swelling after my gynecomastia surgery compaired to the side that had No Surgery

Here is another example of early healing after unilateral surgery typically seen with my techniques. 

Here is another example of typical minimal swelling and bruising in a 14 year old patient with more images images of tissue evolution and swelling here.

You can find many more examples on my website of primary gynecomastia tissue evoluation.

I perform many Revision Gynecomastia Male Chest Sculpture Operations on patients done by other doctors around the world. Each patient has told me how different their tissues were after my Dynamic Technique compared to their previous surgery.  They all have commented how the swelling was much less, comfort better, and their expectation met, even at their first view of the tissues after surgery.  You can see typical tissue evolution after Revision Gynecomastia Surgery here.

However, even with these techniques, the tissue continue to evolve over time.  Here is another example of a patient revised after initial surgery done in Australia, early and 2 years after his operation.

This is real surgery and tissues do need to heal just like any other cut or injury.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024