Author Topic: Re: new here- post-op concerns  (Read 5693 times)

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
New to this website- I had a few questions I would appreciate some advice about.

Welcome!

My question is- how do I juggle realistic expectations with the desire to have additional improvement in my chest and for it to be somewhat flatter?  I have now had 3 procedures on my chest, and I'm not sure how my PS will feel about doing additional revision work on me.  However, I'm less concerned with additional fees, etc. then I am in simply wanting to know if it's at all practical or reasonable for me to want some additional improvement, and at what point might I consider another opinion from a different PS?
Thanks for your input.

Dude.... what business is it of your PS whether or not you want a revision. Sure, if a revision is going to be detrimental to your health then I can see the PS having a concern about revision, other than that, it's your business what you do with your body. You are the customer and you tell the PS what you want. Unless, like I mentioned, it is a health issue.

If you don't get satisfaction from the PS you are seeing now, get a second opinion....  ;)

John.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2005, 05:15:40 AM by Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

timbo

I'm not as much concerned about what my PS thinks or doesn't think regarding my desire for a revision.  I dunno- after dealing with this all my life I've dunno undergone 3 procedures in the past 6 months and it just seems like it's never going to finished, you know?
And at 2 weeks and 2 days post-op. is it realistic to expect much additional improvement?  I mean- the swelling and brusing has all but dissipated.  I'm talking about some additional "something" that's still there- whether it's skin or fat.  So- is it possible that it will continue to improve?  It actually looked better the first few days after surgery than it has looked in the past week or so- which I also find odd.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

I'm not as much concerned about what my PS thinks or doesn't think regarding my desire for a revision.  I dunno- after dealing with this all my life I've dunno undergone 3 procedures in the past 6 months and it just seems like it's never going to finished, you know?

Yeah, I'm hear'n Broh!

And at 2 weeks and 2 days post-op. is it realistic to expect much additional improvement?  I mean- the swelling and brusing has all but dissipated.  I'm talking about some additional "something" that's still there- whether it's skin or fat.  So- is it possible that it will continue to improve?  It actually looked better the first few days after surgery than it has looked in the past week or so- which I also find odd.

My chest looked flatter right after surgery also. Then swelling took over and the chest ballooned up. At 12 days Post-Op, the swelling was all but gone. But then eveyone heals different. You say your swelling is gone. You may have some hard scar tissue that will eventually go away.

My PS told me that it may take up to a full year to see final results. Just be patient Dude.

Can you post some pics?

John.

timbo

I'll try to post some pics at some point. Curious- is a second round of lipo ever necessary as a form of revision?  

Offline Grandpa Bambu

I'll try to post some pics at some point. Curious- is a second round of lipo ever necessary as a form of revision?  

I would have to say no to that as you could probably get by with diet/exercise to reduce the remaining fat tissue. But then I'm not a doctor so what do I know....   ;D ::) ;D

John.

Offline STILLgotIT

• Gold Member
  • Finally gyne-free

Welcome!

Dude.... what business is it of your PS whether or not you want a revision. Sure, if a revision is going to be detrimental to your health then I can see the PS having a concern about revision, other than that, it's your business what you do with your body. You are the customer and you tell the PS what you want. Unless, like I mentioned, it is a health issue.

Be careful about disregarding a surgeon's professional opinion, though. It appears as though Michael Jackson disregarded professional advice and decided to just keep getting more work done. Now he looks like a monkey.
;D

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Be careful about disregarding a surgeon's professional opinion, though. It appears as though Michael Jackson disregarded professional advice and decided to just keep getting more work done. Now he looks like a monkey.
;D

Exactly.... If a revision will be detrimental to your health then for sure follow your PS's advice. If your Doc says that a revision is out of the question, ask him why. Make sure he has a sound medical reason of opting out of a revision.  ;)

John.

timbo

I somehow doubt that my PS would determine another revision to be detrimental to my health.  I tend to think that he would recommend against one because:
a).  I've already had 3 procedures- a mastopexy, removal of redundant skin, and most recently, ultrasonic lipo, and there may be a limit to the number of things he's willing to do, and/or
b).  he believes that my desire for additional improvement is beyond realistic expectations.
That's why, depending on what my PS tells me next week. I may seek the consult of another PS.  If there is nothing else that can reasonably be done for me, than I think I deserve the opinion of more than just one professional.

timbo

as of today I basically feel like there just wasn't enough removed.  I'm told to be patient- but I would still expect better results at this point- hopefully my concerns will turn out to be unfounded

Offline Grandpa Bambu

I've already had 3 procedures- a mastopexy, removal of redundant skin, and most recently, ultrasonic lipo.

Does 'Ultrasonic Lipo' remove glandular tissue also or just fatty tissue?

John.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2005, 10:06:22 AM by Bambu »

timbo

it removes both, although in my case mine was primarily fat.  you can get into this whole "psdeudogynecomastia" discussion as well, in which the breasts are due to fat and not glandular tissue.  although my ps told me that everyone has [some glandular tissue.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2005, 10:09:45 AM by timbo »

Offline Grandpa Bambu

IMO, your chest looks great considering what it has gone through. The left areola looks a tad droopy though. That may correct itself.

I doubt that the PS could do much more.

How do you look in a T-shirt? Do you have any 'Before' pics?

John.

timbo

No- no before pics- sorry- although my PS has some.
My concern is the areas below the nipple- it's the bottom half of both sides that is still somewhat "full"- again, whether it's swelling or fat or skin or all of the above I really don't know at this point.  All I can do is ask my PS when I see him next week.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

My concern is the areas below the nipple- it's the bottom half of both sides that is still somewhat "full"- again, whether it's swelling or fat or skin or all of the above I really don't know at this point.  All I can do is ask my PS when I see him next week.

Yeah, I noticed that. I too would question it. Please let us know what he has to say about it.

John.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024