Author Topic: The BEST surgery???  (Read 3312 times)

Offline Big_R

I have been doing some research and was wondering which surgery was the best...  Most seem to go in thru the nipple area.  Has anyone had the surgery where he goes in thru the pec/shoulder area?  Has anyone heard pros or cons of either one?  Thanks!

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
I had the incision around the areola and the incision scar is barely noticeable at 8 weeks Post-Op. If someone does notice your areola scars then they are looking too closely at you and have a major problem!  :P :-X :P

There are a few guys on this Site who have had the incision made in the armpit area. I'm sure they will respond to your post.

The most important factor that should influence your incision point decision is that of what your selected PS's preference is. You wouldn't want your Doc to do an armpit incision when he/she has never done the proceedure that way before. You know what I mean Dude?

I would say that the least complicated way of removing gland would be to go in through the areola area as that is where the gland is. Makes sense to me.

John.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2005, 06:22:48 AM by Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Seattle000

• Bronze Member
I had two incisions on both sides: one under the armpit (lipo) and one around the areola (excision). The ones under the armpits are completely hidden and they're very small. The ones around the areolas are hardly noticable at 4 weeks post-op. I was told that they'll get even better over time.

Offline nukem2k5

• Breasts belong on women!
My surgeon does through the armpit.  He said what he does is does the lipo and pulls out the remaining gland with tongs or something (I don't know exactly what the tool is called).  I'm just worried that he won't get all of it.  Can anybody share their experiences with armpit-only gyno removal?

You can check out the pics on his site: www.drmetzner.com

Reborn on May 24, 2005
Surgery Cost: $4,040
Dr. David Metzner - New Orleans, LA
My Photos
Two Years Post-Op Photos

Offline vaio

• Gyne free, is the way to be!
Even if the areola scars are noticabler in some people, theres always dermabrasion which will make the scar nearly invisable.

I am 6 weeks post, op, and have been staying out of the sun and using mederma and my scars are not noticable. I walk around with a shirt on and no one notices.
$2,800 = Freedom!

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vaiomanfree/album?.dir=7e36&.src=ph&am p;store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vaiomanfree/my_photos

Offline doddy

• 06/04/2005.
My surgeon does through the armpit.  He said what he does is does the lipo and pulls out the remaining gland with tongs or something (I don't know exactly what the tool is called).  I'm just worried that he won't get all of it.  Can anybody share their experiences with armpit-only gyno removal?

You can check out the pics on his site: www.drmetzner.com

I had arm pit gyne removal, as have many others over on the UK board.

Have you heard of Mr. Levick in Birmingham UK? He does it this way, and he is notorious for leaving his guys FLAT. As in, maybe even a bit concave at the start.. (it evens out over time, obviously).

Anyway, he breaks up the gland first so that it can get through. I have no gland left, I can tell you that much. He's really really good.
etc.

Offline randomtask

• Posting Member
nukem2k5: dont worry, the armpit technique is a good one.

Offline nukem2k5

Well that's reassuring.  He's been a PS in New Orleans since 1977 and has many other very distinguishable attributes, so I trust him.  My mom said that the work he does is "too perfect" so that's definitely reassuring.  A flat, muscular chest is what I want!  I'm jogging and hitting the gym as often as I can try drop some pounds and my scale shows that it's been working so far.  I just hope it continues the way it has.

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
I wonder if "arm pit" and "under the arm" is the same thing?  Sounds like it to me. Scars shouldn't be too much of a problem if your surgeon is good.  Under the arm seems the norm for lipo and areola incision for the gland seems the norm. That's what my PS said too.

Offline rcbrown23

I had an armpit liposuction operation and it DID NOT get the gland. It got maybe %35 of the gland on one side...the lesser dense side. It did not get ANY of the gland on the other side.

It actually sucked out what little fat I had on my chest, leaving the gland to protrude even more post op. I am exactly one year post op, and the last year has definitley been one of the most dissapointing.

I have a fairly mild case, and before the op I would still go out boating every chance I got. It bothered me quite a bit, but no one else seemed to notice, so I went anyway. This last year I have not gone out once. The op left me slighty worse off, and that slight little differerence made a me more self conscience about it, and thus ruined a year off my life.

I am finally gettting it fixed for the last time soon. After a wasted year and lots of $$, I'll hopefully put this mess behind me.

I have fairly muscular with little body fat, and my case is just REALLY dense gland. So, in my opinion, lipo through the armpit does not work.

Sorry to bring bad news...but I wish every day that I would have found this site ONE WEEK EARLIER!!! I would not have gone through with the operation. There are plenty of people that have come and gone over the last year with the same story as mine. Lipo just is not able to get the dense gland, it needs to be cut out. For those of you with successful lipo only ops, more power to you, but in the year since I've been around this site, I've seen more failed than successful.

-Brown

P.S. this is just about the dense gland...I'm sure lipo would be fine for just fatty tissue.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2005, 06:01:21 PM by rcbrown23 »

Offline nukem2k5

Well brown, he doesn't try to suck up the gland with lipo.  He knows that doesn't work.  He explained that he lipos the fat and loosens up the gland, and then reaches up in there and pulls the gland out with something (like tweezers or whatever, I'm assuming).  At my preop on May 4th I'll have him clarify.  I shot him an Email but I'm not sure if he got it.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2005, 06:11:20 PM by nukem2k5 »

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
tell him you want a semi-circle cut around your areola and the gland removed through there.  I don't know, sounds fishy to me.  Well maybe not fishy, just ineffective.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2005, 06:39:33 PM by jc71 »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024