Author Topic: Healing Time - Going On Holiday...  (Read 2813 times)

Offline Chodel

• Silver Member
  • Défectuosité toujours
Hello

I have my operation booked for approx. a month before I go away for a lads weekend.  It being a lads weekend there will probably be a fair amount of drinking involved etc...the usual.

I know we all heal differently but do you think I will be ok to go away and have a lads weekend ONE MONTH post operation?  What are the chances I might be able to take my top off?

Thank you!  :)

Offline jmxt2

• Posting Member
go and have fun!! u will be fine if you go.  Take your top off if u want but it may be clear where the excision was but if that dnt bother you then it cool.   

Offline Chodel

• Silver Member
  • Défectuosité toujours
31 views...and one respnose (thank you by the way), some of you must have had surgery :p

a simple yes (you will be ok) will do, or no (run for the hills)  :D

pleaseee!  ;)

Offline Don Won I

• Bronze Member
You should be okay after a month. As far as taking your top off, well, they'll probably be some very noticeable scarring. That's one thing you should probably hold off on.

Offline Time_to_fix_it

• Gold Member

I see you are going with Levick who also did my surgery.  I think the answer to your question about “taking your top off” is going to have to be a “maybe”.  It really depends on how your surgery and healing goes.

Looking back at my diary entry for 1 month post op I was still pretty lumpy in the chest area and I still had swelling that came and went.  I looked fine under a shirt or T-shirt but when I took any clothing off it was obvious that something had been happening to my chest in the last month.  Other patients have been ok after a month.  You really won’t know until you have actually had the surgery yourself.

As regards the heavy drinking; you will be aware that alcohol can slow down the bloods ability to coagulate but after a month you may be ok.  On this point I would ask Levick.  I guess you will be having your 1 month post op check up at that time so he would be the best one to ask.

If it were me and looking back at my experience I think I would have waited a couple of months for that weekend away with the lads.

Surgery performed by Mr Levick at The Priory Hospital Bimingham (UK) 20th October 2006

Offline sickman

• Bronze Member
  • moobs aint cool.
i got week away with the lads in spain on the 31st august
my op was on 31st july...
my recovery is going well with little bruising and swelling
and well no moobs left
so who cares about the incision marks :D
ill just say i got nipple twistered real bad...

Offline Chodel

• Silver Member
  • Défectuosité toujours
thank you chaps. if the worst comes to the worse i will still go and just have to ease off the drinking etc.  As for taking my top off, well i suppose i have lasted this long without doing it in their presence...they'll just have to remain suspicious of my reasons  :-\

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024