Author Topic: Keeping cool in summer  (Read 1646 times)

Offline Jackd

• Silver Member
I don't know if this has been covered before, but are there any "secrets" or hints/tips to keeping cool in the summer when you go round wearing a compression vest, shirt and usually a light sports jacket as well? I have a physical job as well...

I found drinking ice cold water does keep your temperature down a bit, but I can only drink so much water before I start to feel sick.. maybe I'll take a bottle of squash in future to make water more interesting!!!

Are there any other things people do to keep cool?

Apart from work I barely leave the house when its too hot.. just wanna know if theres some secret to keeping cool..

Offline gyne35

• Posting Member
Wow...vest+shirt+sport jacket...that is going to be tough to stay cool by any means.

Sounds like you are already into the hydration which is a good thing.  Some other things to think about...keep the colors and fabrics as light as possible.  I know there are some fabrics out there that do better to help manage heat...one trade name is 'seersucker' (sp?) there may be others.  Of course any time you can get in the shade and/or breeze of a fan, that will help.   A cold towel on the neck, wrists, face, or other exposed skin always feels good.  A cap or hat to keep sun off your head might help, too.

Offline mmaman

• Silver Member
bottle of squash?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024