Author Topic: should i be happy with the scars???  (Read 2472 times)

Offline qwerty_123

• Bronze Member
i am exactly 1 month post op...my scars are strange because they start a little raised and puffy at the most medial border till about 6 oclok, then from 6 0clok to the lateral border are not noticable at all (flat as)...

has this happened to anyone...???

also its seems my nipple/arola complex is a little lax(loose) atm and not 'stretched' flat over my chest...it seem there may be a very slite crease...could this be from the scar pulling the areola downwards....should this loosen up over time allowingt he nipple to sit taught( when errect they are taught)

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
Scars can range from raised to flat to unnoticeable all along the same incision line.  If that's what you're describing, then at one month it sounds normal unless it's pretty severe.  Some say massage several times a day can help it go away sooner.   

And yes, scarring under the skin can pull creases and/or dents as it forms.  Once again, massage is recommended by some. 

I had a first surgery and a revision.  I didn't massage much after my first surgery, while I massaged a lot after my second.  I really didn't see much difference in scarring.  After 5 months my scars started fading and going down, but they weren't very bad to begin with.  Everybody is different, though.  You could try massage and if you feel like it's helping, then great.  It can't really hurt, IMHO.

Also, it's hard to picture your situation although you gave a pretty detailed description, so my comments are kind of generic.  A picture is worth a thousand words.  Post one if you can and you'll likely get more helpful comments.
MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

Offline qwerty_123

• Bronze Member
thats exactly wat it is mr nip...starts flat for half of the incision (beautifully flat-not noticeable at all) then starts  to become raised somewhat...im just hoping it becomes flat again and blends in with the rest of the areolar...i wouldnt say its SEVERE but enough to notice at the moment...

pics up tomorrow

Offline outertrial

Hypertrophic (raised red) scars are at their worst 3 to 6 months after the operation, after that they start to go down. You can get silicone gels to put on them which helps to get rid as well. Its expensive for a little tube but you hardly use any each time.

Offline qwerty_123

• Bronze Member
here are some pics of wat im talking about...

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024