Author Topic: Don't know what to do?  (Read 1931 times)

Offline mihill52

Hi, I'm a 31 y/0 old male and I don't know what my next step should be. I've always had a slight enlarged chest but it never hampered me when I was younger. I surfed played sports you name it. However I always had this addiction to bench pressing. When I was 22 me and a buddy benched for seven months straight. At the end of this I was benching aroung 300 lb which is a lot for me since I only weigh 175 lb. A month after I stopped everything seemed to sag down on my chest. I had a lot of mass on my lower chest and known on top.  After that I couldn't hide the problem with shirts, button shirts, even jackets. Since then,  I don't have to go into details, my life has foscused around this problem which really sux. No more beach or outside activities. Just a lot of home time watching TV. I had a daughter a year ago. And what botheres me is when the day comes when she'll know that daddy is a little screwed up.
  I did have a lipo surgery 4 years ago, but really didn't do anything. The fat that was lipoed out really wasn't causing the problem.  My nipples are not puffy anymore but the mass still remains. When I flex its rock hard. Sometimes I think I don't have a gyne problem but have an odd shaped chest muscle. I'm running out of ideas to fix this problem any advice would be appreciated  

Offline nukem2k5

• Breasts belong on women!
Have you seen a plastic surgeon about removal of that "mass" (gland)?

I'd say your next step is to find a board-certified plastic surgeon in your area who has experience doing male breast reduction (gynecomastia removal) and schedule a consultation with him.  The consultation will run you roughly $100, and if you decide to have excision of the gland, surgery can range from $2500 to $6000.  

If you wouldn't mind posting pics, they would be helpful.  Good luck to you.
Reborn on May 24, 2005
Surgery Cost: $4,040
Dr. David Metzner - New Orleans, LA
My Photos
Two Years Post-Op Photos

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Sounds like you have sagging pecs from lack of exercise. If you build muscle mass and is toned, it looks great. However when you stop lifting, the muscle mass is still there but is just saggy.

Do you have any pics?

John.
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
Always had it but it never botheres you when you were younger?  That sounds funny because most guys say the opposite.  I understand your chest got worse when you stopped working out but it sounds like with lipo only they never removed any glandular tissue.  Put your hands on your hips and flex.  Does your chest come to a point behind your nipple? Get another surgery and your daughter will never know her dad was a freak (just trying to add a little levity).  ;)
« Last Edit: April 14, 2005, 06:03:28 PM by jc71 »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024