Author Topic: sleeping after the surgery  (Read 2879 times)

Offline hope2recover

• Silver Member
Hi guys
after the surgery i still sleep on my back and i am afraid that my breast touch the bed
i feel that it will hurt me or at least i will feel minimal pain
so if i splept normally anything could be happen
tell me i am afraid

GynO_DuDe

You have to sleep on your back after surgery.

Once you feel comfortable enough or if you believe your chest is pain free try sleeping on your side or in a slight angle ...

ONLY YOU CAN TELL WHEN YOU THINK YOUR READY TO SLEEP IN WHAT EVER POSITION YOU NORMALLY SLEEP IN ... we cant say.

Offline hope2recover

• Silver Member
so if i fall down and i got  shock in my breast will it affect it ?
and if i slept normally with minimal pain will it affect or just pain ?
if i slept on them with my weight :D

Offline gettingrid

• Bronze Member
I was advised to sleep on the back for some time...I think it helps the skin contract better over the chest than being on your side. And your sides will pain. I started sleeping on the side at around 12 days post op. But I still try to be on the back as much as possible. You could keep a hard pillow on the sides to minimize the chances of rolling over in your sleep?

Offline Anonymous_Man

• Posting Member
I cannot sleep when I am on my back.  That is when I snore.  So it would be very tough for me.

Offline Time_to_fix_it

• Gold Member

I too had concerns about sleeping on my back after surgery as I had never been able to beforehand.  I even tried to force myself a few weeks prior to surgery but it never really worked.  However it turned out NOT to be a problem after all.  After surgery I was so well strapped up and a little tender that sleeping on my side or front just wasn’t an option at all.  My girlfriend (a nurse) showed me how to arrange my pillows in a sort of upside-down V formation so that I didn’t try to roll over and it supported me perfectly well.  I slept like a baby on my back for the first few weeks after surgery quite easily.

Surgery performed by Mr Levick at The Priory Hospital Bimingham (UK) 20th October 2006

GynO_DuDe

Luckily I dont find it too difficult to sleep on my back ... I usually sleep in an angle on my back (kind of hard to explain) but its still sleeping on my back.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024