Author Topic: SSRI's (Anti Deppressants ) & Gyne  (Read 2232 times)

Offline G-Man

Hi Guy

I've had gyne from the onset of puberty, but have had surgery about 4 years ago to correct this.

I have been recently taking SSRI anti deppressants for my anxiety which has always been a problem since i was very young. Felt great, no worries when on them, until I found out about Gyne side effects and raised levels of prolactin.

I've come off them due to this. My GP tells me that the occurance rate is 0.1% or 0.01% (cant remember, but that makes it 1 / 1000, or 1 / 10,000).

Has anyone experienced any Gyne side effects due to SSRI's?

I'm finding life a bit unbearable without them. I am on the waiting list for CBT, but have no idea how long this will take.

Also, has anyone experienced weight gain, is this due to hormonal changes or increased appitite?

thanks

Offline merle

• Gold Member
  • Author, Psychotherapist, Consultant
    • Merle James Yost, LMFT
It happens. I have seen it in my practice several times. If you have had surgery and it has not come back, then you are okay, it sounds like you had the breasts before the drugs.

merle

Demystifying Gynecomastia: Men with Breasts
The first book on Gynecomastia

My newest book: Facing the Truth of Your Life is very relevant to members of this forum. It could save you a lot of unnecessary pain and time.

Book books are available on Amazon. FTTOYL is also available through your local bookstore or on Audible or iTunes.

Offline matthew1

• Gold Member
 I find the ssri   not helpfull, and am   slowly [ year] tapering of them

I think gyne added to my  depression over the  years

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024