Author Topic: Just had gynecomastia surgery this Monday (August 13, 2007)  (Read 3215 times)

Offline Mark8

• Posting Member
The surgery went great! Ever since I was 12 years old I've been self conscious about my chest and finally now at 25, it's been fixed.  This was the first surgery I've ever had and I was alittle apprehensive to say the least.  I've been saving up for this surgery for a few years and finally this summer I decided to go through with it. 

The operation was performed by Dr. Ewart in Augusta, Georgia.  He is board certified and was very optimistic about the surgery at my consultation and pre-op appointments.  He used liposuction and ultrasound liposuction to remove 500cc of glandular tissue and fat on each side.  The office and operating rooms are inside the Augusta plastic surgery associates suite inside University Hospital.  I felt more comfortable having the surgery in a hospital setting because if something bad happened I wanted to be near a hospital and it gave me extra reassurance that the docs. knew what they were doing since they had offices in the hospital. 

I arrived at 6:30am on Monday.  A nurse took my vital signs and had me change into a gown.  They inserted the IV and within a hour I was laying down in the ice cold (58 degrees) operating room.  The doctor gave me the medicine to put me asleep and the rest is history.  If you're thinking of having the surgery done.  Do Not worry about the surgery itself.  You won't remember anything except peacefully waking up. 

Afterwards at home....  My family says that I passed out when they emptied the drains for the first time.  I was so drugged up that all I remember is asking them to wait until I woke up before emptying the darn things.  Anyway, I'm glad they were there because without my family's support I couldn't have gone through with the surgery. 

It is Friday and I've been sleeping for most of the week.  At my post-op visit on Wedesday Dr. Ewart took out the drains.  I'm pretty bruised and swollen.  My skin is kinda wrinkled from where the tissue was taken out.  I think the wrinkling has gone down as the swelling has gone up though.  I'm wearing a compression garment which is keeping everything nice and tight. 

All in all, it was a good experience.  I need to post some before and after pictures.  I red some of the postings on this site before having the surgery.  It is comforting to know that I'm not the only one going through something like this.  I remember being so worried about my chest when I was a teenager.  As I've grown up I started to accept/ appreciate myself for the way I looked.  That really helped when it came time for surgery.  My attitude going into surgery was that I don't have to look perfect, and that however the surgery came out it would be an improvement.  Luckily I have a doctor who is pretty aggressive and knew his stuff.  I would appreciate your prayers as I recover. 

Thanks, Mark8

GynO_DuDe

Congratulations, and good luck on the recovery.

I had my surgery on Friday thats just gone past and now 3 days post op ...

I ALSO NEARLY FAINTED WHEN THE DRAINS CAME OUT!! Thank God im not the only one ... lool!!

I also had the same operation as you, lipo and gland removal through the little stab wound under our armpits.

Just hoping to recover well now and see what the difference is in 2 weeks when bandages are removed. Until then my brain still thinks I have t!ts!!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024