Author Topic: VEST ? and travelling?  (Read 3567 times)

Offline mizuno

• Gold Member
If you travel out of state and flying there.
Does the vest have any metal ? That would make it go off at the airport.
stupid question but the last thing I need is to get searched at the airport
and look like I strapped explosives on.

Offline gettingrid

• Bronze Member
some of them might specially the ones with a hook....although not sure how much metal there is and whether it matters.

I suggest get something like a velcro binder type vest (some people put an abdominal binder on the chest) or one of the underworks cotton concealers which have no hooks. You dont want to be taking it off in front of TSA.

Offline mizuno

• Gold Member

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Some people put an abdominal binder on the chest.

That would be me...

Yeah, there's no metal at all on the Ab Binder...  just velcro...

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
...or one of the underworks cotton concealers which have no hooks. You dont want to be taking it off in front of TSA.

That's what I used almost 3 weeks after surgery for a flight.  Worked beautifully, felt much better than the vest, too. 
MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

Offline gettingrid

• Bronze Member
...or one of the underworks cotton concealers which have no hooks. You dont want to be taking it off in front of TSA.

That's what I used almost 3 weeks after surgery for a flight.  Worked beautifully, felt much better than the vest, too. 

I agree I am three weeks post op and it is now painfree to put on the cotton concealer. Once it is on, its more comfortable than the binder since it has shoulder support and doesnt feel like something is draggin you down.

The ad binder is much easier during the initial few weeks when it pains to put on something on from over your head. I find it more comfortable while sleeping since it can be adjusted easily.

DrBermant

If you travel out of state and flying there.
Does the vest have any metal ? That would make it go off at the airport.
stupid question but the last thing I need is to get searched at the airport
and look like I strapped explosives on.

The After Gynecomastia Surgery Vest can be a powerful tool for recovery. 

The Stage One After Gynecomastia Surgery Vest has metal fasteners in the front.  A Stage Two After Gynecomastia Surgery Vest has no metal at all.  Most of my patients are traveling the day after surgery, which is way too early for a stage 2 compression garment.

I have done many patients from around the world who travel through airport security after surgery.  None have told me of any problems with such screenings.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024