Author Topic: Endocrinologist results - how long?  (Read 2993 times)

Offline theblues

• Bronze Member
I know it probably varies, but on average, how long does it take to get results on your hormone levels?

I ask because I have a very tight schedule for the next year, and I need some kind of a time frame in which to be able to set aside 5 days for post-op recovery or something like that, and it would really help me to know, how long it takes, so I know when to see my surgeon.

I'm seeing the endo in 2 days, excited!  ;D

BTW, he probably just takes some blood. Anything else? I have it in the morning, at 7.30 AM. People on these boards said that in order for the results to be accurate, I need to do my usual daily routine in the days before I go there, so I'm guessing it's okay if I eat and drink coffee before I see the endocrinologist?

Offline problem man

• Silver Member
My doc told me to fast before you give the blood for hormone test. Even i am testing my hormone levels tomorrow at a local lab, they told me it might take 2 days to get the results.
btw, is it okay if i ate some oily food on the night before the tests? coz right now i ate something oily and junk and am worried if it influences the hormone results in any way.

Offline theblues

• Bronze Member
I'm afraid that if I don't eat I'll be queasy or something. :X

Offline normexcept

• Bronze Member
My endocrinologist didn't ask me to stay away from any foods or do any fasting to check my blood for hormone levels and other things.  If I had have been checked for diabetes or glucose levels then he would have had me fast for the hours prior to the blood draw but that wasn't my case.
As for timing, He told me that it would be around 2 weeks before I would get any results back from him.  This past Friday was 2 weeks since my visit and I still have not heard anything.  Hope this helps.
Norm

Offline theblues

• Bronze Member
That was pretty unsuccessful.

Firstly, I don't have insurance at the moment, since I'm between universities, so I had to decide of either waiting, or paying several hundred euros for all the tests. I decided to wait. So now I have to wait until October, come back again and then hopefully get my blood test.

The endo did do the check up (he just didn't take any blood), and as far as that goes, it was all well. He asked me why I didn't go to a doctor sooner, since I knew about my condition since I was 14 or so. I thought that was pretty weird, as I'm 22 now (not like I'm doing this at 70 or so).

Anyways, looks like my operation moved into 2008.  :(

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024