Author Topic: Types of gynecomastia ?  (Read 3050 times)

Offline mizuno

• Gold Member
What are the various types of gyne?
puffy nips, etc..

http://community.webshots.com/user/gotgyne

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
What it comes down to is that some people try to rank Gynecomastia depending upon whether it is due to glandular growth or due to fatty deposits.

This is actually a rather foolish dispute since there is usually fatty deposits with threads of glandular tissue growing through it. So even if one type of tissue dominates there are usually both present to some extent.

To further level the playing field, consider the fact that there are rarely any physical bad effects due to gynecomastia and that the emotional effects are the same regardless of what type of tissue is present.

Grandpa Dan

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
...even if one type of tissue dominates there are usually both present to some extent...

...the emotional effects are the same regardless of what type of tissue is present.

I agree 100%. 

It's good to understand the difference between gland and fat for information's sake and to help you in choosing a PS who's prepared to act accordingly...  BUT...

It's far more important to understand that gynecomastia is the "appearance" of women's breasts on a man.  It's all the same thing in that regard, and getting hung up on ratios of gland/fat can be counterproductive in reaching a solution. 
MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

DrBermant

What are the various types of gyne?
puffy nips, etc..

http://community.webshots.com/user/gotgyne

Gynecomastia has many different forms.

My Gynecomastia Gallery has many before and after pictures of gynecomastia and the changes with surgery. This is in a new slide show format.  You can slow down, speed up, and activate a navigation panel. Each image links to pages of further details about that patient, his problem, and his surgery. 

Take your time to view the various degrees of male breast enlargement. There are additional Gynecomastia Gallery Links on that page to the many different variations of gynecomastia.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024