Author Topic: abdominoplasty & gyne surgery all at one time?  (Read 4385 times)

Offline user name

• Posting Member
well i have a consultation with dr. wiener oct. 1st and im looking at getting a tummy tuck as well as gland removal/loose skin in chest removed and areola reconstruction. do you guys think ill be able to get both surgeries at one time? or will i need seperate surgeries? id hate to have to be out of work twice as long.

do any of you know if medical insurance will cover lost wages while recovering?

Offline Don Won I

• Bronze Member
I doubt you'll be able to get both done at the same time. That's a lot of pain at once. Plus an abdominoplasty (well, most of them) requires something similar to a vest worn around the stomach to promote healing and flatten scars. That would interfere with a compression vest for the chest. I inquired about getting both procedures done at once and was told no. That's too much trauma for the body at one time.

I've seen multiple surgeries done on plastic surgery shows, but it's usually face+chest, stomach+face, or something like that.

The surgeries would be considered cosmetic by your insurance company, so I can't see them covering your lost wages at all.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
'3timer' had both at the same time... Read here

Lost wages... doubtful dude. But hey, give your IC a call. It doesn't hurt to ask...  ;)

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Don Won I

• Bronze Member

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
'3timer' had both at the same time... Read here

Well, damn!

;)

Don... I wasn't trying to contradict you, didn't even see your post till I posted mine...

GB

Offline user name

• Posting Member
well i kinda figured it would be too big of a load all at one time. i might just not get an abdominoplasty and stick with the gyno surgery and loose skin removal in the chest. im have an incling of hope that my stomach skin will get tight again as im only 22 years old, and i was only fat for about 4 years im certain i will need nipple resizing and relocated... im just hoping it will look somewhat normal when its done. i plan on getting massive anyways so as long as it looks halfway decent i will be happy. i dont care about the scars, just another story when i take my shirt off... im not ashamed to say i used to be obese, hopefully i can help many others with the same problems ive faced.

Offline Don Won I

• Bronze Member
;)

Don... I wasn't trying to contradict you, didn't even see your post till I posted mine...

GB

Heh, I know. I was just surprised someone actually had it done.

DrBermant

well i have a consultation with dr. wiener oct. 1st and im looking at getting a tummy tuck as well as gland removal/loose skin in chest removed and areola reconstruction. do you guys think ill be able to get both surgeries at one time? or will i need seperate surgeries? id hate to have to be out of work twice as long.

Plastic surgery is better after weight loss, losing weight is a coarse tool. Plastic surgery is better used for refinement.

Weight Loss, Dealing With Excess Skin of the Chest and Body is also a major emotional issue.

Check out this section on the emotion of body lift surgery for those after massive weight loss:

Personal experiences and emotions of dealing with weight, loose skin, and body lift surgery.

I see many patients after massive weight loss and most men list their chest as their biggest concern.  When there are issues of Lifting Drooping Breast or Male Mastopexy for Chest Ptosis from Loose Skin, understanding issues of the whole body are very important.  Lifting the nipple / areola back into position typically needs to be part of the solution.  Having drooping nipples below the pectoral muscles can look bizarre.

The problem is that once the chest has been sculpted, the remaining deformities tend to stand out more.  If a patient needs to consider Lower Body Lift Surgery or Tummy Tuck Abdominoplasty, either operation tends to pull the nipple areola lower.  Having the coarser lower surgery first is typically the better solution to minimize needing to then revise the chest. 

Combining both operations can make recovery more difficult.  My Tummy Tuck and Lower Body Lift patients find that their arms are very helpful in getting back to normal.  Male chest sculpture can limit upper arm function during early healing.  In addition, there is only so much safe tumescent solution that can be used, and both areas at once negates my Tumescent Tummy Tuck option which has proven so much more comfortable for my patients.

Take your time and look at the many videos and movies showing the three dimensional nature of the problem and the solution for this problem after massive weight loss.  It can take some time to review these massive sections on my website, but the education can be very important.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

Offline user name

• Posting Member
ive decided to not go forward with the lbl surgery. once my bodyfat is in the single digits, i can live with a couple wrinkles of skin on my stomach. the hard part is getting that low, but im working on it still! i will be needing breast reduction/loose skin surgery on my chest still. and im quite positive i have some glandular mass behind the nipple too.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024