Author Topic: Just got a quote. What do you guys think? (pic)  (Read 4203 times)

Offline negsdavid

• Posting Member
Hey guys, here is a quote I got from Dr. Degado. It is really expensive! I was expecting something $8000-$9000. Anyway there is no way I could afford this but I know hes one of the best and I bet it's well worth it. I wish I had the money :( I am desperately wanting to finally rid myself of this problem. Is there anywhere in the world I could get help with financing for this? Or any suggestions or help on what I should do, I'd appreciate it all. Im already 24 and im not getting any younger. This problem has haunted me for 10 years. I want to finally be able to live normal and happy :(

Thanks.

ABDOMINOPLASTY* $6,000.00

Reduction and removal of excess skin and
fat from my abdomen (belly) and flanks and
tightening of my front abdominal muscles.

BILATERAL SURGICAL EXCISION WITH A
MINOR LIFT
REDUCTION OF GYNECOMASTIA*
$5,500.00

Removing excess tissue from my breasts by
excision, with a minor lift. The minor lift does
not take place of a Stage 2 lift which may be
required.

Total Surgeon's Fees: $11,500.00

Other Fees:

Operating Room: $3,960.00
Anesthesia: $2,063.00
Supplies: $600.00
Garment: $250.00
Overnight Stay: $950.00

Total Other Fees: $7,823.00

GRAND TOTAL: $19,323.00 7.50 Hours.

PIC:

http://www.zshare.net/image/3381252509d60d/

Offline negsdavid

• Posting Member
I have lost over 135 pounds. What you see in the pic is all excess skin. I have lost as much weight as i possibly can. Does it really look like im just fat? I've tried everything to get rid of the excess skin around my abdomen and i can not lose anymore weight then i already have. Im stuck. I diet and exercise every day of my life and nothing works.

Offline anon643

• Posting Member
This one guy said he wore a compression vest for a few months everyday 24/7 and it helped with his loose skin. Try and find that guy maybe.

Offline negsdavid

• Posting Member
Im 6'1 230lbs. A lot of it is muscle I am naturally just a big guy. I dont know my body fat percentage. I guess I do still have a little fat but I dont know what to do to lose it. I mean I eat really healthy everyday of the week. Salads/Cold Sandwiches/Vegitables/fruits/chicken/fish/tuna etc. I work out 4 to 5 times a week. I tried everything to shed some of the fat around my waist and it just wont budge. My worst spot is the love handles....i dont know how to get at them.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2007, 01:41:22 AM by negsdavid »

Offline Don Won I

• Bronze Member
$19K is way too much. The nearly $8K just for the room & stuff is INSANE, that's the whole cost of a gyne op with Bermant. Your skin flap is low enough to easily cover, if I were you I'd do the gyne & wait on the skin. Anyway, most PS would be happy to give a package deal, it does not appear to be happening here. Talk to some other docs.

That's what I was going to say. I would stick with your goals of what you want done and just find another plastic surgeon. The price he gave you is insane. I could see if you had one procedure done by one PS, then went to another, and it all added up to that. Most surgeons would've given you a deal and cut their fees since you're getting both procedures done by them.

BTW, negsdavid, are you a student?
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 06:22:22 AM by cleanup »

Offline negsdavid

• Posting Member
I was a student; but have not gone for a year. Im actually going back to school this fall. Why?

Offline Don Won I

• Bronze Member

Offline outertrial

It seems a bit on the high side. However skin removal/tightening is famously expensive. Your case may be a bit borderline but I suppose its no easier to perform. Get a second opinion.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024