Author Topic: Smoking not good for surgery  (Read 1977 times)

Offline toronto

• Silver Member
  • Gyne Free since April 27, 2005
i have to quit smoking for at least a month which is probably a good thing, hopefully it'll turn into forever...

i know your not supposed to smoke 2 weeks before the op, how bad is it if i break down and have a couple in those 2 weeks...

they have no way of knowing right? i know, no smoking or healing will be slowed down or i might not heal properly, and i don't plan to smoke at all, but just wondering what happens if i have a couple...

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
yeah, they won't know if you don't tell them but you're not hurting anyone but yourself if you do it.

Smoking limits the oxygen availabe for your cells to heal.  Don't use the nicotine gum or patches either.  The constant supply of nicotine in the patch can be as bad as smoking.  Ask your dr to be sure.

I have an idea. Just before you're 2 weeks out, go buy a carton of smokes and see if you can finish, i don't know, 4-5 packs in one day.  Make it a game, it'll be fun.

And most importantly you may not want to smoke during those 2 weeks.

Offline toronto

• Silver Member
there's no way i can not smoke without the gum..

so what your saying is, if i'm going to chew gum i might as well smoke anyway?

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
What i'm saying is, ask your doctor.  That's my understanding of the gum and patches. He might say ok with the gum, but not the patches, ask and find out.

By the way, nice picture Freddy boy.  I feel like i'm talking to myself.  ;D
« Last Edit: April 16, 2005, 01:13:54 PM by jc71 »

Offline toronto

• Silver Member
haha..they need more stock avatars

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024