Author Topic: You should read this  (Read 4096 times)

Offline mmaman

• Silver Member
So I had my second revision surgery last tuesday under local, and I have been pretty swollen since, though it has gotten a little better every day.  I have had what seems to be a large collection of blood with a possiblye jelly-like feel where the glandular tissue was removed.  Anywho, I worked out my chest today at about 85% weight and about ten minutes into my lifting, when I started getting a good pump, I noticed that the swelling improved dramatically and almost completely.  Has anyone else had this experience.  I think that pumping blood through my chest must have cleaned out the stagnant hematoma.   

Also

Surgery was kind of cool because I could kind of feel the doc tugging and then cutting the gland and it made a beautiful noise.  It wasn't an uncomfortable feeling, I could just feel a tug.  So I wanted to watch the doc actually cut out the tissue this time, so I kept my glasses on and snuck a few peeks at the gland.  After surgery, the doc threw everything into the trash and left me to change my clothes.  This may sound weird, but I have always wanted to see what had caused so much pain in my life.  So I did it.  I put on some gloves that were in the office, looked in the trash, and played with the tissue for a minute.  I almost put it in my water bottle so I could take it with me and have some sort of ceremonial disposal.  But, I thought that was a little kreepy so I left the pieces in the trash. 

GynO_DuDe

Funniest post ive ever read ... well the last paragraph any way where you say you played with the tissue LOOL!

Offline turningacorner

• Silver Member
lmao I totally fucking agree

pour it in oil and watch it fucking burn, it's so pointless and useless and degrading

I can understand why u hate it so much

Offline mmaman

• Silver Member
Yeah, it was kind of neat seeing what was under there.  I usually have a weak stomach for those types of things but my hatred for gynecomastia overpowered that. 

I have never heard anyone recommend lifting weights to clear swelling or flush stagnant blood away.  I would like to get a doctor's take on this.  As soon as I started benching, just a week after surgery, the swelling almost completely disappeared.  I had almost a golf ball size amount of blood just before benching, then minutes later it was gone and it never came back.   

Offline Paddy

• Posting Member
Its great that it went away - nice one....

Doesn't heavy weight training go against recommended time after healing though? I am not sure I would have had the energy tbh...

Offline shughes123

• Posting Member
How many sets\reps did you do for bench?  Also, how much weight was it?  Has the hematoma come back?

Offline mmaman

• Silver Member
About 100 reps.  50 flat and 50 incline.  I didn't bench with a straight bar.  Just did dumbell presses with probably 75lb flat and 60 or so incline.  I wanted to see what would happen if I pumped some blood through my pecs and, like I said, my rock hard stagnant hematoma the size of a golf ball was gone in minutes.  The hematoma never came back.  My doc actually told me I could get back to the gym in about a week and a half.     

Offline shughes123

• Posting Member
That's great to hear.  My doctor told me I can't work out for about six weeks.  I feel fine now and really want to hit the gym, but I'll listen to my doc and not rush things.  When I first get to the gym, i'll do some high reps first to get some blood flowing in the area.  Thanks for the info.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024