Author Topic: headheldhigh01?  (Read 2957 times)

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
Does anybody know what happened to headheldhigh01?   ???   He's been an asset to this site for several years and I haven't seen a post from him for a long time. 
MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

Offline Hypo-is-here

Who needs assets though..

It has become a surgery board only hasn't it?

I mean that is where the focus and agenda is.

Offline Mr_Nip

Wow... Speaking of an asset I haven't heard from in a long time...
It's truly nice to hear from you after so long, and it's an honor.   I hope you're doing well.

Yes, it's true that those of us who have had surgery give like advice to others who want rid of the condition.
However, I have never and will never recommend surgery to somebody who wants or needs to accept his body with gyne. 

The positive comments from headheldhigh01 about dealing with gyne are what I consider to be an asset to the site.  There are too many guys who can't get surgery for whatever reason and just need some positive influence from somebody who's walking the walk daily.  I always thought headheldhigh01 fills that role pretty well.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
The last post of HHH01 was Aug. 21, 2007....

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Hypo-is-here

Wow... Speaking of an asset I haven't heard from in a long time...
It's truly nice to hear from you after so long, and it's an honor.   I hope you're doing well.

Yes, it's true that those of us who have had surgery give like advice to others who want rid of the condition.
However, I have never and will never recommend surgery to somebody who wants or needs to accept his body with gyne. 

The positive comments from headheldhigh01 about dealing with gyne are what I consider to be an asset to the site.  There are too many guys who can't get surgery for whatever reason and just need some positive influence from somebody who's walking the walk daily.  I always thought headheldhigh01 fills that role pretty well.

I was being a little pedantic and ironic.  I mean't that the key to the board has become surgery, that it the tilt given the vested interests of some.

HHH is a good guy as are you....best to you!

Just popping my head in the door which I do now and again.

Offline BigLouJr

• Silver Member
His mammary glands outgrew him and became him. Maybe now he is one huge gland rolling down the street. Watch out, the gland is coming.

Offline outertrial

For most people surgery is the only way out of gyne. Some prescription drugs like tamoxifen are supposed to work in some cases, though Ive never encountered anyone online who says its worked for them.

Most people dont want to learn to live with gyne or they wouldnt be here.  There is the "acceptance" part of the site anyway, though I can understand if people wouldnt want to post over there. I certainly wouldnt.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
In my teens, I thought I was the only man in the world to have breasts this large.

In my twenties, I realized it was a common condition and had a name. Surgery then (1950's & '60's) was a bit crude by today's standards and lipo had not yet been invented.  My best hope then was to live long enough to see a more enlightened time where men with breasts would not be stigmatized.

Now at the age of 70, in the age of instant information, humanity is not any more enlightened.  In fact it would seem that we keep getting more stupid all the time. What I have realized is that society does not stigmatize us for having breasts, We do an outrageously good job of stigmatizing ourselves.
Grandpa Dan

Offline outertrial

I agree with that. I very much doubt anyone ever cared about my moobs one hundredth as much as I did. Mine started when I was about 14 and apart from a time in my late teens when they bizarrely vanished altogether, I had them til I had the op.

Unfortunately people, exclusively other men, did make the odd unkind comment now and again, and I never really found an aequate response and was usually extraordonarily embarrassed, until the last time it happened. It was my soon to be  brother in law on my stag night of all people. He suddenly just reaches out, grabs a handfull and shouts "theres a lot of breast there". Silence in the group.  I just looked at him and thought. Ive never particularly liked you and that explains why. I just said "Well I do my best".

Maybe it was because I knew I was going to have the op but it just didnt bother me like before. However having an op with good results is still one of the most worthwhile things Ive spent money on. No matter how much self acceptance I tried to do I could just never see those things as part of me.

Offline Paddy

• Posting Member
outerial, great line. I totally agree... no matter how much easier it might have been, i could never accept my moobs either. i have never ever been the skinniest and knew these things were here to stay when I lost an awful lot of weight a few years back after being very ill. I was, for the first time, underweight. still i had the moobs - which really bothered me. i tried working out, swimming but they were always there. surgery was the only way out for me.
At the same time though, if someone accepts them and can go without surgery - good for them as well.

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
no worries, the real site assets like mr_nip hypo bambu and paapaw are still around and posting busily as visible in posts preceding.  anybody needs to reach me just try yahoo instant messenger, check it every couple of days.  didn't get abducted by et's, just been real busy.  wasted a little time watching base jumpers and weird stuff on youtube though ;D 
« Last Edit: September 26, 2007, 11:35:58 PM by headheldhigh01 »
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline Mr_Nip

Nice to see you're still out there, HHH01.  I know what it's like to need to take a break from this stuff from time to time.  :)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024