Author Topic: How to tell??  (Read 1876 times)

Offline greyghostx

Can anyone tell me how to tell if you have 'gynecomastia' i dont know if its just tissue fat or 'real' man boobs, im 16 and weigh about 180pounds and am 5ft 9in have alot of fat on my body the tissue around this area is soft and the only time my nipples are hard is when im cold 'pretty much' im pretty sure its just fat i just want to make sure

Thanks

Offline nukem2k5

• Breasts belong on women!
Gynecomastia doesn't always mean you have puffy nipples.  You could have breasts that resemble a woman's, which is caused by having a bunch of gland throughout the breast area.  Check out my pics to see what I'm talking about.

Those pics were taken when I was about 230lbs (I've lost a few pounds recently - I can't see a difference myself).  I'm 6'3".  I don't necessarily have puffy nipples but as you can see I definitely have breasts, and I know people much fatter than me without breasts like this.  

I'm desperately looking forward to my surgery.
Reborn on May 24, 2005
Surgery Cost: $4,040
Dr. David Metzner - New Orleans, LA
My Photos
Two Years Post-Op Photos

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Some people make a big deal out of differentiating between glandular and fatty breasts. I do not.

The emotional effects and damage to self image on a young man are the same in either case.  

Around the chest, specifically the breast area is a common place for fat buildup.  It is also a difficult (if not impossible) place to lose fat by diet and exercise.

You would not have posted here unless the condition was causing you some grief.  See a Doctor,  hopefully one you already know and trust.
Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024