Author Topic: A quick summary of experiences  (Read 2768 times)

Offline Ibanez

Hi All, I've been reading the site for a while, it really is a fantastic resource.  I have had 2 operations, one lipo and excision under nipple.  Second just excision through the armpit and nipple reduction.  Finally getting somewhere and no one is any the wiser, I manged to keep both operations a secret.   It's a little sad it has to be this way I suppose but I'm sure most can understand this. The second was only 4 months after the first. At the stage now where I can wear anything without feeling self conscious. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think this is probably one of the main aims of most people considering this operation.  So for me I feel I have achieved what I set out to do.  I started to compile a list of all the things I thought might be worth mentioning, none are ground breaking but here they are in no particular order.  Some sound silly, others I'm sure people can relate to especially without help from anyone.  Well good luck to everyone.

Cheers

Before the operation:
Have at least 3 pillows.
Buy plenty of food for the freezer, freeze home made food, etc. Get some milk and drinks the day before.  Last thing you'll want is trips to the supermarket.
Cut the grass (it'll be 3 weeks before you'll want to).
Vacuum the house, do all the laundry.
Buy pain killers.
Laxatives, you'll be glad you did, trust me, probably the most important thing here tbh.
Steri-strips and plasters.
Arnica cream.
Buy some movies/series.
Get a laptop for in bed.
Take time off work (saves the stress), you really need a minimum of 4 days off after operation.
Eg.operation on Thursday, work following Wed. (Office job).
Get 2 vests and a compression t-shirt, try on the compression vest before hand.
On day of Operation wear something that buttons/zips up the center.
Take arnica for 2 weeks before and a week after, not sure if this helped but then it can't hurt.  Both times I had no bruising at all.
Shave under your arms before armpit excision, it'll help with plasters and steri-strips later
Do write down a list of questions and more importantly take them with you when seeing the PS.  The first time I just went in and came away kicking myself for not asking thing I later remembered.  The next time I wrote a list but thought I’d remember it, I didn't.
Advise staying at a hotel the night before the operation close by. Probably help with blood pressure and stress levels. Missing the op through traffic would be terrible.

After:

Advise getting a taxi home on the day of release or get someone to drive you.
Massage lightly when not sore to touch, don't go mad it's still healing.
Light massage in the first 6 weeks is fine I would say, just to keep things moving.
Armpit method - avoid driving for 2 weeks.
Incision nipple – driving ok after a week but would suggest leave as long as possible.

Other things I noted:
Being in bed lying on your back at a slight angle will give you lower back pain
for the first week, once up and about this goes off quickly.

Constipated for 2-3 days.

Armpit wound may not appear to be healing perfectly in the first 2 weeks and might feel sore.  After 3 weeks it starts to flatten out and not sore/red.  Use steri-strips to hold the excision together, these kept the wound dryer than plasters

Ideally have the operation in the winter, compression vests less sticky and wearing a fleece/coat/jacket
etc to conceal bandages in the first week doesn't look so weird.

Offline enthusiastic

• Posting Member
thank you for the oustanding advice!

I'm going in for surgery in 3 weeks and this was helpful.

GynO_DuDe

Excellent advice.

However, dont overdose your self on the Arnica people ... My skin reacted to the surgical glue on the dressing I had after the operation and arnica had made it worse! most my skin was all inflamed and red releasing a lot of water ... Took nearly 3 and a half weeks for it to die down, its gone now, but I have a lot of scarring and dead skin that's still going to come off as time pass's.

The laxatives is a smashing idea! I remember not being able to go to the toilet for 3 days because the painkillers and everything just gave me constipation!

Offline lexuslexus

• Bronze Member
lol i prefered the constipation, its the wiping which is the most painful part lol

Offline rowdy99

• Bronze Member
this is good advice.
same thing i would have written.
take this knowledge to make your surgery and recovery go easier!

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
lol i prefered the constipation, its the wiping which is the most painful part lol
:D :D
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024