Author Topic: Need help please read, with pics!  (Read 3459 times)

Offline thx19

• Posting Member
Hi there! I'm a 19 year old boy from Norway. I got gynecomastia when I was about 15 years old, and got it still.
My chest looks like this:

When I touch them, it its something hard there and not much fat. In norway this surgery is free, and ive been waiting over 1 year for it now, and now the date for the surgery is about 1 month from now. When I was at the doctor 1 year ago to hear about the surgery, he said they had to cut up about 5cm under each nipple to get everything out, which in other words means i will have 5cm scars under each nipple?

The thing is, ive only met the doctor once, and that was for 1 year ago at that day and there will be no time for talking before the day of the surgery with him. I asked him that day if he had done this surgery before, and he said yes but I felt like he was lying. Don't know why.

What should i do? Go through this free surgery or pay up 6000$ and go to a private plastic surgeon? You think this doctor will just get the job done fast and not think about how my chest will look afterwards?

Another thing, I took a test to check if i had some kind of syndrom the first time i talked to a doctor about my chest but don't know if it was a hormon-test. My dad had the same nipples as my, and one of his disseapered at the age im at now, and he had surgery on the other nipple. Should I check my hormons before I take this surgery, even if I'm pretty sure it's genetic? But I feel like if I turn down this surgery, I will have to wait another summer before my chest is ok, but I even don't know if it will look ok after surgery because of the scars! frustrating!

I'm so tired of living with gyno, you all know how it is hiding in the summers etc. So looking forward not having to do that. And, if I am going through the surgery, any tips how I can make the scars heal prettier or products that have positive effects on scars? Basicly, any help is DEEPLY appriciated! (and sorry for my bad english!)
« Last Edit: September 22, 2007, 02:04:19 PM by thx19 »

GynO_DuDe

Just go with him ... your case looks simple enough to be rectified as its just gland removal of puffy nipples. $6000 is a lot of cash and if your case was more serious i'd say go private with some one you can FULLY trust as Lipo is an operation done through feel and requires a lot of skill.

Good luck!

Offline thx19

• Posting Member
it's 1 year since I talked to him, because it takes so much waiting time before you get an operation like this in norway, but the good thing is that it's free. As I understood, its separately under the areola (the nipple?). He touched my breast, and he said that it was gland and that was the thing that had to be cut off. So the good thing is, I will not wake up with only some fat being taked from the area, but he will remove the gland. He said that the it could be around 5cm, as a worst case. But I asked him to make the cut as small as possible for a succsessfull operation, and he said he would do anything he could to do this.

Don't think it will be possible to check out his work from the past, because he's just a regular sergeon in Norway in a ordinaryl hospital, not a surgeon who have a website flashing his best works, like a private clinic. any more thoughts anyone? Thanx FBI and Gyno_dude for responding :)

Should I do this?
« Last Edit: September 26, 2007, 06:01:50 PM by thx19 »

Offline thx19

• Posting Member
I still need some input, so please take 5min and give me more answers. NEED it so BADLY :-[

Offline outertrial

Its helpful to get a second opinion. Most private surgeons will give you a consultation for free or at little charge. If you talk to a second doctor that will give you an idea if the first one is ok. For what its worth what youve told us about your surgeon sounds ok. Its better if theyre an experienced gyne surgeon, but if you cant get that then a good plastic surgeon isnt a bad choice.

Offline thx19

• Posting Member
hi! Yesterday I had my surgery, for 50$!

Already, the result is great! My bandage is removed, and the surgeon did cut right under the areola, just round it, so in some time it will be very hard to see that I have had this operation! the svar is 1,5cm under each nipple :)

60g "meat" was removed on each breast, and there was no fat to be removed. Will post pictures soon. Thsnks for the help everyone!

I'm a very happy boy atm, and can't wait for the summer. when i took the bandage off, I was so happy with the result! much better than i could ever hope for.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024