Author Topic: Why lipo for gyne removal?  (Read 1631 times)

Offline Fat-Elvis

• Bronze Member
As far as I know, lipo is for fat removal and excision is for gyne tissue removal.  So if someone with gyne who's in otherwise good shape and low bodyfat goes in for gyne surgery, do they usually get lipo as well?

Offline Bigdom

• Silver Member

You can do both lipo and excision using the same tool, depends on the surgeon and what technique he/she uses. 

As for low body fat, the body normally takes fat from the last place it laid down fat, and for a lot of Gyne patients the fat was laid down in puberty.  Even with a low bodyfat content you would struggle to lose the chest fat, so normally this is taken out and the area sculptured balancing the chest area when the gland is removed/reduced in size.   When i was younger and very fit, my bodyfat was in single digits, i still had a fatty chest area & gland, obviously this was well out of balance with the rest of me!

Offline Bigdom

• Silver Member
I had my surgery two weeks ago, as far as i'm aware (and had it explained), the same tool was used to remove both.  However, i might be wrong, and just the same hole ultilised.  Mine was assessed as 25% Gland, 75% Fat. 

As mentioned i had a problem even when my BF was 7% @ 6'6" and 245lbs.  Now as i've got older, no longer compete at a high level my BF has increased, though my weight has always stayed constant - if the procedures would have been as readily available with the general consistency of results we now see, i would have required both back then.

Will check when i have my first post op consultation in two weeks time, and report back my findings.

Now i'm hopefully on the road to a gyne free life, i will reduce my BF to compensate for my reduced chest size.  Always seemed more acceptable to have the two 'balance' each other before, or that's what i told myself after that beer & curry...

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024