Author Topic: Liposuciton Deaths...  (Read 2728 times)

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
http://www.torontosun.com/News/TorontoAndGTA/2007/09/24/4521323-sun.html

http://www.canada.com/nationalpost/news/toronto/story.html?id=33d76b89-c59f-46fd-9b24-ab86c90760fd

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/ArticleNews/freeheadlines/LAC/20070924/LIPOSUCTION24/health/Health

Lesson learned....

Choose a 'Plastic', not 'Cosmetic' surgeon. Also, one who has impeccable credentials....

However, the surgeon who performed the surgery on the dead woman has good credentials... 

Will be interesting to hear what the coroner finds...

GB
« Last Edit: October 01, 2007, 09:31:36 PM by Grandpa Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline skyhawk

• Gold Member
Excellent post Grandpa. In reading the articles the key word that caught my eye was "misrepresentation".

Offline manic91m9

• Gold Member
this is quite concerning, on the one hand, it becomes quickly evident by researching online that there is a difference between a cosmetic surgeon and a plastic surgeon, but on the other hand it should not be legal for  doctors to perform cosmetic surgery without being qualified as a plastic surgeon imo. i think that probably many "cosmetic surgeons" perform liposuction with no complications, i would be interested to see the number of deaths related to plastic surgery from plastic surgeons. i personally would only ever get cosmetic surgery from a plastic surgeon.

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
It should also be said that ANY surgical procedure involves at least some risk of complications.  Somebody could die while under surgery by a competent surgeon due to unknown circumstances outside of the surgeon's control.   

I'm not saying that's the case in Bambu's post, but what I'm saying is that even in the best and cleanest facility there's a chance of complications.  That's why it's so important to do your homework and go to a surgeon and facility that's certified and prepared for the unexpected.  That's also a good reason to have your surgery done in a country that strictly regulates its medical and surgical facilities, even if compliance to those regulations results in a higher cost of surgery.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2007, 12:59:10 PM by Mr_Nip »
MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
It should also be said that ANY surgical procedure involves at least some risk of complications.  Somebody could die while under surgery by a competent surgeon due to unknown circumstances outside of the surgeon's control.

Very true!

GB

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024