Author Topic: gynecomastia genetics  (Read 2619 times)

Offline want2go2beach

• Posting Member
So I talked to my mom about my gynecomastia and she told me that I was in my genes.  I can accept that as an answer, but it makes me wonder what exactly is in my genes.  Am I genetically predisposed to growing breasts, or am I genetically predisposed to producing more estrogen, which makes me grow breasts.  Kind of like the chicken or the egg thing i guess.  I am making some plastic surgery consultation appointments tommorow, and I would really like to have my problem corrected through surgery.  But if I'm genetically predisposed to gynecomsatia, does this mean that it will return after surgery?  Are there any more tests I need to have done?  My general doctor tested my testostorone and said it was fine.  Any info would be great.

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
Many of us can see a genetic link to our gyne.  My grandfather had it and lots of women on my mother's side have had large breasts and/or areolas.  That doesn't mean it's likely to come back.  If your hormones are in normal balance then you're pretty safe.  If your hormones were not in normal range, though, it would be smart to see about correcting that before going through surgery. 
MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

Offline Fat-Elvis

• Bronze Member
My dad has moobs as well.  He's never been in the greatest shape, and they're kinda small and droopy, but they're there.  Don't know about anyone else in my family.

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
My Dad had it. I don't have any brothers. My dad had a mild case, I don't think it really bothered him.....he never said anything about it and I never noticed any self-conscious behavior. I'm 35, had surgery 2 years ago and it has not grown back.  I have gained weight since my surgery, most of it in my stomach, maybe a little in the chest, but the glandular tissue has not grown back.

I guess I'm old enough to where the gland may not grow back. At your age, consult with endocrinologist who specializes in reproductive issues and tell him your concerns about gyne.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024