Author Topic: ACCUTANE AND GYNE?? (HELP)  (Read 2268 times)

Offline omega

• Silver Member
ok so im going to the dermatologist 2mro and get him to prescribe me accutane for my acne.. is there any chance accutane will make my gyne come back? or make it worse?
also i think i might need a revision(2 months and 10 days post today), can accutane give complications on surgery or make me wait longer till i can get the revision done?

Offline skyhawk

• Gold Member
Accutane shrinks the fatty sebatious (spelling?) glands. If it causes gyne I have never heard of it.

I witnessed one young man take accutane and it cleared up his acne real nice. However it is one drug that has come under close scrutiny by watchdog groups. Not sure what the posible side effects are.

Offline damnips

• Posting Member
Funny you should ask this as I too recently was on Accutane and have also had Accutane done before about 6 years ago.  I am pretty sure it has no effect on your gyno, however, Accutane IS a serious drug.  When I took it the first time I was 13 and did not remember any side effects (although my mom said i was very irritable and an ass).  Taking it recently, I felt very depressed, mostly for no reason.  I cosistently find negative things about myself and it is bringing me down.  Accutane, this time around, also lost me my girlfriend of over a year due to how angry and stupiid I would get, and emotionally she couldn't deal with it anymore.  I regret taking it for a second time and feel it has effected my life in such a negative way, along with these damn nips, that I would give anything to go back 7 months.

However, with that said, Accutane will clear up Acne, and I consider it a miracle drug in regards to doing what it is perscribed to do.

All Im trying to say is be careful, and you may be able to control your actions and surpress the sudden moments of outrage that you may experience. This drug is eventually going to be banned since there is such a high suicide rate and almost everyone experiences depression (or so I've read in other threads), so again be careful.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024