Author Topic: I've come to the conclusion that Gynecomastia is caused by being overweight!  (Read 5425 times)

Offline banana

• Posting Member
I came to this conclusion. Look at every " User Photo" on this site. 99% of the people are overweight! I'm slightly overweight too! There is only one other person I know with gynecomastia  and guess what? Fatty! So really, it is pretty much our own fault.

Sorry if this offends anyone but.... well it's my opinion. See I've made out this workout routine ( I'll post it if you want ) And I'm gonna chart my week by week progression. I'm pretty excited I just hope I can stick to it  8)

Offline Fat-Elvis

• Bronze Member
no.

I developed it when I was 17 and I was in typical decent teenager shape.  I'm now in good shape and it's no better.

Offline banana

• Posting Member
Bodybuilders have it because of steroids. You say you were in good shape but take this for example:
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php/topic,11997.0.html  (Sorry)

This guy claims to be " pretty thin " but he's not... it's easy to trick yourself

edit: And all I see on that site is some stupid old woman who got plastic surgery
« Last Edit: October 16, 2007, 04:10:30 PM by banana »

Offline Fat-Elvis

• Bronze Member
I've spent the last nearly four years exercising and eating very healthily, and my gyne is no different from when I was 16-17 and averagely thin.  I've also never used steroids, any drugs with gyne as a side effect, and didn't smoke any pot until I was almost 24 and have smoked relatively little since then.  No offense, but just give it up, you're wrong.

Besides, you're displaying a lot of ignorance on gynecomastia.  It has nothing to do with fat, just as much as with breasts on women.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2007, 04:35:46 PM by Fat-Elvis »

Offline banana

• Posting Member
I've spent the last nearly four years exercising and eating very healthily, and my gyne is no different from when I was 16-17 and averagely thin.  I've also never used steroids, any drugs with gyne as a side effect, and didn't smoke any pot until I was almost 24 and have smoked relatively little since then.  No offense, but just give it up, you're wrong.

Besides, you're displaying a lot of ignorance on gynecomastia.  It has nothing to do with fat, just as much as with breasts on women.

If I'm wrong, explain to me why the LARGE majority are overweight? It's not a coincidence. You do know that fat speeds up the production of estrogen.... And you shouldn't smoke pot

Offline Fat-Elvis

• Bronze Member

If I'm wrong, explain to me why the LARGE majority are overweight? It's not a coincidence. You do know that fat speeds up the production of estrogen.... And you shouldn't smoke pot
You shouldn't drink, either.

As for fat people and gyno, maybe it's because many of the people on this forum posting pictures are just fat and have a fatty chest.  I don't know.  All I do know is that many guys with gyno are not and have never been fat, and your theory is entirely unsubstantiated. 

Offline banana

• Posting Member

You shouldn't drink, either.

As for fat people and gyno, maybe it's because many of the people on this forum posting pictures are just fat and have a fatty chest.  I don't know.  All I do know is that many guys with gyno are not and have never been fat, and your theory is entirely unsubstantiated. 
I don,t drink.... I'm only 14
And I think this theory has alot of ground

Offline banana

• Posting Member
you just don't know when to quit

OK  first of all who said that most people who have gynecomastia are FAT because i have never seen a survey till this date on gynecomastia, besides are own on the site. So once again and this is my last post on this topic STOP making retarted conclutions. your not a doctor and you have zero say so in the mattter of gynecomastia after making those statements.  i dont know what your trying to acomplish by stirring up everyones head but you making yourself look-

EXTREMELY  IGNORANT SO IF YOU DON'T BELEIVE US THEN TAKE THIS DISCUSSTION TO A PROFESSIONAL AND I'LL BET MY BOTTOM DOLLAR HE TOO WILL PROVE YOU WRONG

Look man, go check the Photo Section! 9/10 are fat! Methinks you are fat but in denial since this is getting you so worked up.. You are not a doctor either so don't take higer ground here

Offline Fat-Elvis

• Bronze Member

OK  first of all who said that most people who have gynecomastia are FAT because i have never seen a survey till this date on gynecomastia, besides are own on the site. So once again and this is my last post on this topic STOP making retarted conclutions. your not a doctor and you have zero say so in the mattter of gynecomastia after making those statements.  i dont know what your trying to acomplish by stirring up everyones head but you making yourself look-

EXTREMELY  IGNORANT SO IF YOU DON'T BELEIVE US THEN TAKE THIS DISCUSSTION TO A PROFESSIONAL AND I'LL BET MY BOTTOM DOLLAR HE TOO WILL PROVE YOU WRONG

Look man, go check the Photo Section! 9/10 are fat! Methinks you are fat but in denial since this is getting you so worked up.. You are not a doctor either so don't take higer ground here

You're not a doctor either.  In fact, you're barely a teenager.  So you might want to back down before you make yourself look any more foolish.  I already explained why many fat people are posting their pictures here.  For some of them it may not be gyno at all and just fat in their chest.  You still haven't explained why so many fit people (who don't use steroids) have gyne.  Just give it up.
And no, your theory does not "have ground" until you post actual scientific evidence, not pictures of a handful of guys on a message board.

Offline banana

• Posting Member

You're not a doctor either.  In fact, you're barely a teenager.  So you might want to back down before you make yourself look any more foolish.  I already explained why many fat people are posting their pictures here.  For some of them it may not be gyno at all and just fat in their chest.  You still haven't explained why so many fit people (who don't use steroids) have gyne.  Just give it up.
And no, your theory does not "have ground" until you post actual scientific evidence, not pictures of a handful of guys on a message board.
Please find me a picture of a so called "fit" guy not on steroids. And I don't think the fact that I'm a teenager matters. I also don't think I'm making a fool of myself because I am just stating my opinion, which I am entitled to. Your whole "fatty chest" idea is stupid. They have fat belly etc. too.
In fact you find me just 1 picture of a sprinter, long distance runner, any serious athlete who's not on steroids and who has ACTUAL gyne and I will reconsider all this.
Here's some scientific evidence for you :" Fat has an enzyme that converts adrenal steroids to estrogen. The higher the fat intake, the higher the conversion of fat to estrogen." from http://www.drlam.com/A3R_brief_in_doc_format/Estrogen_Dominance.cfm

In your face

Offline banana

• Posting Member
Well I'm one of those low bodyfat, non steroid guys full of gland who tried lipo-only & found out it's bullshit. I'm already at 10% bodyfat, if I diet like you suggest I'm going to disappear altogether. I've never been fat in my life yet have a B-cup of solid gland.

You have all the answers, what do you suggest for me, Banana?
I don't know..... but lipo is sucking out fat right? why do you have it

Offline manic91m9

• Gold Member
LOL @ 14 year olds and not particularly smart ones at that. there are ALOT of fatties posting pictures of there gyne, imo fat certainly augments whatever gland you may have. i have also seen many pictures of users who aren't overweight also on these boards :)

Offline Hypo-is-here

10% of ALL gynecomastia cases is caused by an underlying causative condition called hypogonadism.

25% of ALL gynecomastia cases have an underlying medical cause.

For all THESE people excess weight is FACTUALLY NOT the cause of their gynecomastia.

You also have to understand that MANY overweight men do not have much breast tissue, and that some men if even slightly overweight have a lot/disproportionate amount of breast tissue that is NOT attributable to excess weight BUT which absolutely is seen as due to excess weight by those ignorant (dictionary definition not insult) of the medical facts.

I had quite severe gynecomastia due to hypogonadism.  At one point I was running 20 to 30 miles a week and 133ibs and I still had gynecomastia.  When I put a stone on in weight it looked like I was VERY fat/overweight, when in fact I was at my ideal body weight.

For me gynecomastia as as much a symptom of low testosterone as was my inability to put on and retain muscle mass.

To say that gynecomastia is caused by excess weight period is DEEPLY ignorant (dictionary definition not insult) of the medical FACTS and the REALITY that shows that this is NOT the case.

Where gynecomastia is due to excess weight it tends to be pseudogynecomastia as opposed to breast tissue, with the latter being more likely to be due to a hormonal cause.

In very basic terms (none medical rule of thumb) if your stomach enters a room before your chest does, it is likely that any gynecomastia is weight related.  If you chest enters the room before your stomach, even if you are carrying excess weight, it is likely that there is an excess of breast tissue and a potential hormonal cause.

All men should see an endocrinologist and have their gynecomastia evaluated and the doctor should hopefully ascertain the aetiology of the condition.

P.S

It is also worth bearing in mind that excess weight can also be caused by a lack of testosterone or a poor androgen to estrogen ratio/balance and excess estrogens (estradiol, prolactin SHBG etc) can lead to an excess of weight that people without such problems do not have.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024