Author Topic: About gynecosmastia surgery  (Read 2976 times)

Offline frankthetank

• Posting Member
Hi Im 21 years old and have a very muscuar build and it wasnt until yesterday when i saw a show on mtv on gynecosmastia that i realized i had it. My doctor had always told me it is just a fatty tisue. I have had this since i was 14 but i didnt get really muscular until i was 17 or 18 and it looks very funny being very defined but when i turned to the side it looks like i have breast.
the question i have about surgery is on the show it did not cover it but i read another post and someone said their insurance covered it. I have had some other growths that feel the same removed from my arm which were covered. If someone could tell me about this i would appreciate it thanks you.

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
Fatty tissue = pseudo gyne. Probably won't loose the fat without lipo. It's usually considered cosmetic and not covered by ins.

Offline frankthetank

• Posting Member
no im not a puesdo gyne, just because the rest of my body is not fat and i do have the growth on my chest u dont have to say that. I llooked at pics here and it looks the same only i have a six pack. So you dont think they can just remove the gland without it being considered lipo cuz i dont want lipo i dont need it my upper chest is rock hard

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Yes, PS's can remove gland only. That's entirely up to you.

John.
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline onario

• puffy nips!
how much would a procedure like his cost im in the same boat... im at 8% body fat and i have fatty tissue... umm... thats unlikely. i wrestle for my highschool

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
how much would a procedure like his cost im in the same boat... im at 8% body fat and i have fatty tissue... umm... thats unlikely. i wrestle for my highschool

The cost would probably vary from PS to PS. You could probably get excision only for about $4000 (CND) if you shop around.

John.

Offline frankthetank

• Posting Member
why would it cost around 4000 just to get the gland removed without any lipo? Im am a little confused with that because isnt that something a general suergon could do, cut open and then it would just pop out like the one i had on my arm.

Offline rcbrown23

It's not that easy...it takes skill and experience to get it right, believe me. The cost does not change just because your having one procedure vs. the other. Your still paying the operating room fee, anesthesiologist, and surgeons fee.

Most ops are between $3000 and $5500.

-Brown

Offline frankthetank

• Posting Member
well does insurance cover any of that cost because while i do have gyncosmastia i have had other lumps removed under anesthesia as i have mentioned before. The lumps were the same texture and my doctor said he recomends that all of the lumps be removed and biopsied. The others came back negative so do you think that will make the insurance company not want to pay because i dont feel like spending 4 grand to get my lower chest looking like my upper. Again this is gland removal only not lip or nething. the gland is prob the size of a ping pong ball in the right and just slightly smaller in the left. any feedback from ppl who have gotten the procedure done or know about it  would be appreciated, thanks.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024