Author Topic: Surgery done on 11th October... life begins @ 25!!! ;-)  (Read 18142 times)

Offline anothersufferer

• Posting Member
  • Going ahead on path of bare chest dream!
Dear all,

Just to let you know that I got operated on 11th October from Dr K Ramachandran in Apollo hospital, Chennai & now I believe in him strongly for the pre operation consultation, surgery & post operation care he has taken. Now I feel that there is only one person next to god who has saved from all my shameful situation... & that's my doc. Thanks a lot Dr K Ramachandran.

I was facing this issue since I was in my 8th Standard (as long as I remember) and all other stories of embarrassment, shame & career obstructing being pretty same as all of you were or are facing. But I knew that somewhere there should be some solution. It all started two years back and I came across this site, gynecomastia.org. But to my unfortunate (or luck), I could not find any updates in Asia section about surgery in India. The only option was surgery by Dr Manoj Khanna, but then there were money issues. But in a way I was pretty happy to see that there are so many people around the world who are facing the issue and it is not GOD who is angry upon me!

It was then half a year back when moobs_sucks posted his story about the operations and pre and post pics. My condition was pretty much same as his was and I am also fat. Then I gathered enough money required & simultaneously consulted Dr K. Ram through email.

I was waiting for his mail and it was only within 12 hours, I got reply from him detailing all the answers. Then I saw post & results from bloregynecomastia who operated by Dr Anantheswar & that got me confused. The only reason being, as I was situated in Bangalore, it would be good if I can get operated in Bangalore itself, so that my wife can take good care about me. I consulted Dr Anantheswar first and then Dr K. Ram. I am not here to blame anyone or anything but my instincts told me that it would be good if I get operated by Dr. K Ram.

So I went ahead with the surgery. I had seen the hotel Sea-Shell Residency near Apollo hospital the rooms looked very good & clean & reasonable @ 1200 Rs. Other one is Wallace Homes which is also near to Apollo & it contains kitchen too, but the rooms were not that good.

But I really would like to thank:
-   moobs_sucks
-   bloregynecomastia
-   hungry.tides
-   Doctors on this forum for an indirect help
-   Moderators of this site
& all this forum members who have directly or indirectly helped me achieve this. I am pretty happy with the outcomes of the surgery but it will be too early to say whether I am fully satisfied with the current situation or not. For that, I will have to obey Dr K. Ram strictly & wait for 6 weeks to 3 months for final results.

I will post my surgery experience & photos in the next post.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2007, 04:55:55 AM by anothersufferer »
Thanks,
Say "No" to Gyne

Surgery Date: 11th October 2007
Lipo + Excision
Plastic Surgeon: Dr. K. Ramachandran, Apollo, Chennai, India
Surgery Exp:
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php/topic,12088.0.html
Pre & Post Op photos:
http://www.clickfriends.com/anothersufferer/gallery329

knekil

well congrats man....i can't wait for mine

Offline hungry.tides

• Silver Member
  • make the most of what you have got
Way to go anothersufferer !!! You are no more a suffer now :D
Have a gr8 life, take you wife to Goa ;)
But stay put on this site, there are lots of info at Post Surgery forums,also we all need your inputs in Asia/India forums.

I felt quite good when u thanked me, above all we must believe in one thing, gyne has changed us in a way that cannot be imagined. And after we emerge out of this condition we are quite confused if we should rejoice in the new found life or think about the the life that we lost, I know its very difficult to come to terms of the golden days that could have been yours. I can only say life is too precious to think about Gyne, leave alone living with it.

anothersufferer : please keep on posting your pics regularly.

Cheers to life
Surgery Date: 25th June 2007
Lipo + Excision (<100% removal around nipple)
Plastic Surgeon: Dr. Ananteshwar, Manipal, Bangalore
pre & post pics link:
http://s191.photobucket.com/albums/z236/hungrytides/
Know more @ :
http://www.plasticsurgery4u.com/procedure_folder/male_breast/index.html

Offline anothersufferer

• Posting Member
...gyne has changed us in a way that cannot be imagined. And after we emerge out of this condition we are quite confused if we should rejoice in the new found life or think about the the life that we lost..

Aptly said! I am facing the same problems, and gyne has effected me so much in psychological way that it takes time to understand where I am and where I want to be...

Now Continuing...

So I decided to go ahead with the surgery on 11th October. Dr Ramachandran gave me a bottle of Bitadine solution, which is required during surgery & prescribed me antibiotic which I should start taking 1 day before surgery day & two pain killers which are required after surgery for 5 days.

On 10th October, I bathed my chest area with Bitadine solution in the morning and in the evening. I got train on 10th night only and reached in hotel at about 6.00. I would suggest to people here (who have made up their mind for surgery) to reach the place at least 24 hours before surgery because that way you would be going good with your diet. Because after I was operated, I had to go to loo many times & I also vomited immediately after I came back to consciousness.

So, I reached the hospital after taking bath again with Bitadine solution & went directly to OT at about 7.30. Luckily, my wife was with me and supporting me and preparing me mentally for the operation as I have never gone under the knife. She said that once you will be unconscious, you would not know anything at all! They told me to remove all the clothing & wear a blue colored gown which can be closed from back side. In OT, Doctor marked the area with a blue paint & took some photos. The assistant (who is working with Doc since last 20 years) removed hair from my chest.

Then Dr Anesthetist came and asked me to sleep. She inserted needle on my hand and started talking about my profession, height and weight. I know this because the last answer I gave was 85 KG is my weight!! 

I don’t know anything what happened during operation. But then I heard someone calling me by my name & it was Dr Anesthetist again. She said that wake up, everything went well, Surgery went very well, wake up. I was subconscious but feeling very cold and shivering. At that time too, I remembered that moobs_sucks wrote about the temperature of OT. Also, because I had traveled whole night, my stomach was not totally free and I wanted to go to loo. Also, I had sore throat, about which I learned later from Dr Anesthetist that it was because of anesthetic pipes put during op in my throat through mouth. Surgery went about 2 hours I guess because when I asked immediately to the Dr what is the time now and he said it is around 10.00.

If I talk about the pain, it was nothing. I felt like something has been attached to my chest very tightly. I was then transferred to a general ward where all the patients immediately after surgery were under care by nurses. Dr Anesthetist came to check me about 4 hours after that and asked nurses to transfer me to day care room (at around 1.30). I stayed there till 5.30 when Dr K Ram came & gave me instruction about lifting weight, how to get up from the bed & declared me fit to discharge. Meanwhile in day care, I drank juices only and was not allowed to eat anything because I should not vomit. Nothing was happened. One of the male-nurse, Jagdish, was very helpful & helped me through my stay of 4 hours. Once I went for loo & I felt dizziness but I drank more juices and it was ok by 3.30.

I went along with my wife & went in an Auto to Sea-Shell. She was always with me supporting throughout day & night whenever I need to get up. I am also not accostumed to sleeping on my back, but then I remembered what bloregynecomastia wrote ‘Solpa adjust madi’!!! ;-) During dressing, my wife confirmed that the drainage were inside the bandage only and in a way it is good because we don’t need to carry it along wherever we go.

Slowly, but strongly, I could find a way to handle myself. On 4th day, I had gone for change of plaster & stopped taking the medicines. On 7th day i.e. on 18th October, as per doctor’s instructions, I removed the plaster by my self. But that gave me a hell lot of pain as it was totally stuck to the skin. Moreover, hair also had come on chest area, so the plaster was stuck to hair. I removed the plaster and that took almost half an hour. I cleaned the area with Bitadine again & went to see the doctor. He removed the stitches, which was like ant biting filling. I was again prepared for this one because this too I read somewhere on this forum only. I traveled by train on the same day & reached Bangalore.

Doctor gave me two pads & compression vest which can be closed from front. He put compression west so tightly on my chest that I could barely breathe. But then he said that it has to be tight properly so that the skin will shrink automatically

I spent as follows:
- Rs. 30000/- for operation and medicines during operation
- Rs. 2000/- for pre-op (urine & blood test) & consultancy
- Rs. 10000/- for stay at Sea-Shell & transportation between Bangalore & chennai

So I would say that keep aside around Rs. 45000/- if you are not from the place where you are getting operated & not going to stay at your own apartment / home.

But I did not like the fact about this forum that the members of this forum are not studying medicine but then also they would suggest and try to discuss in medical terminology by calling medicines, creams & procedures/methods. That might misguide some people who do not know anything about medical terminology. It is possible that every doctor uses different method and / or medicines. We should leave everything to the doctor on whom we are trusting then.

Anyway, let me know if anyone needs any help regarding these things. I will do my best to help you out.

The pre-op & post-op photos link is here:
http://www.clickfriends.com/anothersufferer/gallery329
« Last Edit: October 23, 2007, 04:41:25 AM by anothersufferer »

Offline anothersufferer

• Posting Member
Sorry for the clumsy writing! I now know that titles before some paragraphs would have interested people over here to read!

Offline problem man

• Silver Member
Hey cool results man... one of the best i have seen in this forum.

Offline anothersufferer

• Posting Member
Hey cool results man... one of the best i have seen in this forum.

Thanks for that, problem man. That made me instantly happy! :-)  8)

But still I would rather want to be reallistic & wait for coming 3 months for the final results. Because I have seen people carrying very well results post surgery but then problems of puffy nipple, nipple sensitivity, concativity etc happens.

Still hoping for the best! Tomorrow I will post the 14th day result.

Offline sss

Hello,
       Thanks for your detailed info. After seeing ur info,I planned to do the operation. Then howz ur heath now? Keep updating!!!

Offline anothersufferer

• Posting Member
Hey sss,

Health is very good now... travelled a lot... drivin car a lot because of diwali shopping. Pain is nothing. Getting good in shape. But now my tummy looks more compared to when I had moobs.

Anyways, it still feels very nice. I haev taken photos of 15th & 20th day post op but do not have means of transferring to system. Will do it after diwali.

Results are satisfactory, really.

Thanks.

Offline tony_ss

• Silver Member
hey  anothersufferer, u r no more  an another sufferer:) congrats!!! good to hear your progress.. am eagerly awaiting to see your post-op pics.
Regards,
Tony.

Offline anothersufferer

• Posting Member
Tony_ss,
Thanks for commenting. Have you gone through surgery? If not, I would suggest that without thinking a lot, just do it.

Dear all,
I have uploaded 2 weeks and 1 month post op surgery results. 1 week post op I lost my nipple sensitivity. Talked with Doc and he said that it will not be any probs as you will get it back within 6 months. Anyways, I am not afraid about that as now I need not worry about my looks!!!

Have a look at snaps and tell me if you have any questions.

Regards...

Offline sss

Dear Friend,
               Thanks for ur reply. Do I know the Dr.ramachandran's Contact no???
Need to take appointment to meet Doctor??? Please give me in detail.
U r helping to lot of unknown frieends!!!
Thanks a lot!

Offline anothersufferer

• Posting Member
Hi sss,

Though you can consult any doctor over mail or phone, I would still suggest you to meet him up personally. BTW, you can contact Dr Ram on rammaha@vsnl.com. He is quite fast in responding emails.

His profile can be found on:
http://www.isaps.org/surgeon.php?id=586&searchForm=ssearch&searchForm=ssearch&id_country=30&orderby=surname&fromsearch=false

Phone numbers are also mentioned here.

Offline sss

Hi Friend,
            As u said,I sent a mail to Dr.Ramachandran.I got a prompt reply from him.
Thanks!!

Offline bobjones

• Posting Member
anothersufferer- im travelling to india in february-march and considering getting operation done there.  Could you tell me how much your surgery cost and where in india this doctor is located?

Glad to see your happy with your results

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024