Author Topic: Excuses to Travel  (Read 3379 times)

Offline gynexin1

Hey Guys,

I'm 20 years old, and am thinking about traveling for surgery. I want to do this without telling my parents about what is going on. I have my own apartment so I don't live with them, but I would need to come up with some type of excuse to leave to another state for a period of time.

Any suggesstions? (Im 20 by the way)
« Last Edit: October 27, 2007, 08:55:17 PM by gynexin1 »

Offline skyhawk

• Gold Member
I am under the impression this is something you are very uncomfortable with in sharing with family.

Number one, don't lie. Number two, you don't have to tell them the exact details of your trip or about the surgery. You are an adult and this your personal business.

Is it even needed to tell them you are going anywhere? If so, just say you will be taking a few days off and taking a trip to
( city). No big deal. People do travel for other reasons than gyne surgery.

Offline J03L

• Bronze Member
You can try telling theme, you can be surprised by how understanding parents can be sometimes. For example, my own experience, I'm planning to have the surgery done by mid December, and i told my parents about it (I'm 18 by the way), and they're very supportive and understanding about the matter, my mom has even offered herself to go with me to all the consults and the surgery day, and take care of me afterwards.

I'm sure they'll appreciate your honesty.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2007, 11:42:41 PM by J03L »

Offline Superfred

• Posting Member
Hey Guys,

I'm 20 years old, and am thinking about traveling for surgery. I want to do this without telling my parents about what is going on. I have my own apartment so I don't live with them, but I would need to come up with some type of excuse to leave to another state for a period of time.

Any suggesstions? (Im 20 by the way)
Why would you not want to tell your parents? If you have breasts happening, I am sure they are aware of that fact. Getting the surgery isn't the embarrassing part, have male breasts is.

BTW - If you live in your own Apt, do your parents come over every day? When I was 23, I lived with a room mate and my mom didn't even come to my place the whole year I lived there.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2007, 10:45:31 PM by Superfred »

Offline nipman

• Posting Member
Tell them you are going to visit a girl for about five days.  And when you come back, tell them you pulled your pec trying to bench press so you have to wear a comp vest.  Worked for me.

Offline wildman

• Posting Member
Tell them you got frequent flyer miles on you credit card and want to visit NYC or Vegas for a few days.  Then go where ever you have to go.

A friend from school is getting married and ask you to be a groomsman in their wedding.  You didn't know how to say no. :-[

Fishing or hunting trip with some friends or the guys from work.  They said all you needed to pay for was your flight and that lodging was taken care of so you thought what the heck?

When you get back say you must have caught a bug or are 'a little under the whether' to cover up your recovery time.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024