Author Topic: TOTALLY CONFUSED  (Read 4300 times)

Offline J03L

• Bronze Member
I made a visit to my phisician today, and now i'm totally confused! He told me i don't have gyne (My Pics are Posted Here). He said it was only fat, and gave me a signed order thing for me to go get some blood tests. Now i'm really really confused... I mean.... how do I know if it's really fat?? or what??

I really don't know.... HELP!!

Offline merle

• Gold Member
  • Author, Psychotherapist, Consultant
    • Merle James Yost, LMFT
Not all MD's are really versed in gynecomastia. I assume that he felt your breasts and decided that it was all fat?

Not everyone has hard tissue. Also, they really can not know how much fat verses breast tissue you have till they open you up. Also, no matter how much weight you loose, I very much doubt that your chest will flatten out. So even if that is where you accumulate fat on your body, you will most likely need a surgeon to get rid of it. Without the hard tissue, you would be a good candidate for lipo only.

You are clearly not overweight. The blood tests are fine, if he knows what he is looking for. I would suggest that you seek out an endocrinologist to look over the blood work. I would also suggest that you seek out a plastic surgeon to see what he thinks. One that deals with gynecomastia.

Merle
Demystifying Gynecomastia: Men with Breasts
The first book on Gynecomastia

My newest book: Facing the Truth of Your Life is very relevant to members of this forum. It could save you a lot of unnecessary pain and time.

Book books are available on Amazon. FTTOYL is also available through your local bookstore or on Audible or iTunes.

Offline J03L

• Bronze Member
Thanks a lot merle... Actually, this doctor told me i don't have gyne cause I don't have big, large women's like breasts, and cause he couldn't feel the *weird medical name* (which is the milk conducts women have). I went this morning to take the blood sample, I wanted the blood tests anyways... the tests he ordered were Testosterone, THS and another one i don't remember. I have to wait till next friday for the tests to be ready. He said that after he sees my results, he can do a sonography or something like that, to see the breast composition.

I'll find a plastic surgeon anyways, cuz, be it fat only or fat+gland, I don't want this thing anymore... I decided i'm going for surgery, no matter if is fat only or whatever, cuz I don't wanna spend 6 months or 1 yr working my @ss out in a gym, just to get a LITTLE flat.

Offline J03L

• Bronze Member
Not all MD's are really versed in gynecomastia. I assume that he felt your breasts and decided that it was all fat?

Yes... he did that... felt my breasts while I was standing up, then got me to lay down and felt my breasts with a preasure like touch... Then he asked me if my breasts ever hurt, i said no, and he said it's not gyne.

Offline A. Cherimoya

• Posting Member
Unfortunately you most definitely have gynecomastia. Even if it's mostly fat, the distribution is influenced by hormones and isn't normal for a guy. And more unfortunately, working out to burn fat probably won't make a huge difference to that distribution. You look like you're carrying a bit of extra weight (like most people!), but even if you slim down the breasts will still be there, albeit probably smaller. Worse still, bulking up your chest is probably going to make them more noticible.

It's great that you're going to get the surgery. Your physician is concerned primarily with your medical health, but gynecomastia, unless it's caused by one of those liver or thyroid problems or something, is an emotional issue for most guys. Gynecomastia can be absolutely debilitating. It's something no one should have to live with. Good on you for making the decision. I hope you will find a great surgeon and share your experience with the forum.

I'm going to have my surgery early next year, and I'm excited beyond belief. I've been living with this for 11 or 12 years now, and it's about fucking time. I only with I had been able to get it years ago.

Offline J03L

• Bronze Member
Thanks a lot A. Cherimoya for your words. Really appreciated.

Offline manic91m9

• Gold Member
i agree that it is highly likely that  you have gland based gyne based on your chest shape along with fat.
most doctors are primarily concerned with finding diseases and not identifying a "condition" such as gynecomastia since it is not life threatening/ bad for your physical health. your doctor probably sees your chest and thinks no it doesn't look great, but doesn't see womans breasts but something he may see commonly at a pool or possibly even in the mirror.
to get an athletic looking chest you will require surgery to get rid of some of that gland/fat. i strongly suggest that you get in shape before surgery as this will help make the surgery easier for the doctor and therefore more likely to give you a "perfect" result.

Offline J03L

• Bronze Member
Thanx everyone for the replies. I'll just wait for the hormones blood tests results to come back and then if everythings normal, i'll go for surgery.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024