Author Topic: How old is too old?  (Read 2030 times)

Offline Bonefish

How old is too old?

I am a 49 year old guy in good health with relatively low body fat.  I have a mild case of Gyne.  (I really don't fit into any of the 3 major body types but I am 6'0" 185lbs.  I have been for a couple consultations now and one of the doctors said although I would be a good candidate that there "might" be some lose skin sagging after the procedure (excision and lipo). 

Is this common?

I really want to get this done but I must admit that is a major concern.  Have you guys heard of any/many older fellows who have undergone the procedure and/or had sagging?

Thank you

Offline Time_to_fix_it

• Gold Member
Hi,

I had a moderate case of gyne and at the age of 50 had my surgery last year.  I also was concerned about loose skin afterwards but the surgeon assured me that would not happen .. and he was right.

We all heal differently so what works for one may not work for another.

Good luck in whatever you decide.

Surgery performed by Mr Levick at The Priory Hospital Bimingham (UK) 20th October 2006

Offline merle

• Gold Member
  • Author, Psychotherapist, Consultant
    • Merle James Yost, LMFT
The age is not the problem it has more to do with the skin type.

Merle

Demystifying Gynecomastia: Men with Breasts
The first book on Gynecomastia

My newest book: Facing the Truth of Your Life is very relevant to members of this forum. It could save you a lot of unnecessary pain and time.

Book books are available on Amazon. FTTOYL is also available through your local bookstore or on Audible or iTunes.

Offline outertrial

Gyne can get worse in middle age so its  not unusual that youd want to have it sorted out. Some people would say that 49 is young!

Offline Time_to_fix_it

• Gold Member
Gyne can get worse in middle age so its  not unusual that youd want to have it sorted out. Some people would say that 49 is young!

I would .. I'm 51 now  ;)

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Among the many things that are sometimes cited as potential causes of Gynecomastia are Beta Blockers used to control Hypertension, Diuretics, and drugs used to treat prostate enlargement.

Meaning that late onset Gynecomastia is not at all uncommon.

Whether it is a big deal for you or not is very personal. If it is a priority issue for you, Get the surgery.

Your personal sense of well being is difficult to put a price tag on. 

(proofreaders note that I ended the last sentence with a preposition tsk tsk)
Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024