Author Topic: is this the best i'm going to get?  (Read 2872 times)

Offline pre

• Posting Member
http://www.imagedump.com/index.cgi?pick=get&tp=239410

5 weeks post op

i was happy at first, but they seem to be growing all the time.

>:(

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Your concern is perfectly natural, but if you read some of the older post-operative posts, you will find that the latent swelling sometimes takes months to diminish.  Be patient.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2005, 12:40:43 AM by Paa_Paw »
Grandpa Dan

Offline pre

• Posting Member
thanks for the reply, but i'm getting the feeling that my problem lies in the sheer amount of skin i have and not so much swelling.

there is very little pain or hardness (it just about went away a good 2 weeks ago)

can excessive aerola skin be remedied?

Offline pre

• Posting Member
oh, and that pic makes me look like a scrawny little wimp, but i actually have  a pretty strong and build upper body (holding a camera out in front of me makes my definition disappear)

could muscle and exercise have anything to do with this?

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Oddly, even small nipples may seem more prominent when they are perched atop a well defined muscle. That should not stop you from getting into top condition.

Just as you noted the distorted perspective due to the camera being so close; when you look straight down at your own nipples they are only 6 to 8 inches from your eyes.  Anything you look at from this close range will seem unrealistically large.   A more realistic view would be that in a mirror about 10 feet away. (20 feet total distance from eyes to image.)

Unfortunately, once the guys have their Gynecomastia resolved, they do not hang around here and we lose them as a resource for people with questions like yours. Most of the people who are active here are contemplating surgery, recent Post-operative, or coping with their Gynecomastia.  I am one of the latter.

Hopefully, everything will work out well,

Good Luck!

Offline nukem2k5

• Breasts belong on women!
Did you have lipo only or lipo + excision?
Reborn on May 24, 2005
Surgery Cost: $4,040
Dr. David Metzner - New Orleans, LA
My Photos
Two Years Post-Op Photos

Offline doddy

• 06/04/2005.
If the "puffiness" is now just due to your areola having too much skin, this should remedy itself in time. Skin regenerates itself all the time and will eventually form a tighter fit against your new shaped chest.

However, if your "pufiness" is now due to something else, I wouldn't like to comment.
etc.

Offline aux513s

• Silver Member
Graham,

You are being so negative in your attitudes toward surgery that it's not logical. You obviously have an emotional reason for saying these things.

Perhaps you're too scared of blood and needles or whatever to get surgery. So you try to provide all these justifications to yourself for not getting it.

Offline hypo

Graham you have a point about surgery not being for everyone and you are right to voice concern that it is not all sweet and rosy given that the statistics for long term success following surgery are 64%.

BUT

and it is a big one, you are being far too negative.

I have read most of the literature concerning gynecomastia from white papers written over the last 20 years and you paint a far bleaker picture than any endocrinologist that has ever written on the subject.

Your opinion is not reflective of the actual facts- lighten up.

Offline hypo

Like I have told you before Graham there is nothing wrong with detailing the cons associated with surgery as long as you remain balanced and also detail the pros associated with surgery as well.

It is important as an idividual to have balanced views if you are to off er support to people.

It is not good enough to represent one set of views and have no balance as it paints an false picture as opposed to the realities involved- whatever the subject.

With regard to information that has been given on this site it has been stated time and time again that it is laymans knowledge/advice.  

This is how many support sites work, if you look at the bottom of the page you will even see a disclaimer detailing such.

« Last Edit: April 23, 2005, 05:17:18 PM by hypo »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024