Author Topic: Cost, i got a quote for almost 8000 for lipo, is that too high?  (Read 3106 times)

Offline flip9111

• Posting Member
Hey everyone,

Well I took the first step and went to a surgeon in Scottsdale, Az.  I had an idea the the surgery would probably be between 4500 to 6000 dollars.  I was stunned to see the estimate at 7800 dollars.  I felt soo disheartened, especially when he said that I could get really good results with just lipo. 

Is this the going rate?  Was the price I originally thought too low?  Can anyone who had the surgury help me out with what they paid so I dont overpay.  I had a friend who had implants (i know, totally diff. surgery), but she paid just under 6000 so i didnt think it would be more than that. 

Did you get loans from a bank?  Pay cash, credit card? 

I would appreciate any info from anybody that reads this, im a father of 2 girls single income and 8000 seemed a little high...

Flip

P.s.  if anybody can refer any good docs in the phx area please let me know.

Offline Don Won I

• Bronze Member
1.) $8,000 for just liposuction is ridiculous.
2.) Liposuction alone won't solve true gynecomastia.

Actually, he did you a favor by being so damn expensive. Do a search on this board for "lipo only" and it'll give you some answers. If you go through with it anyway, then it's your fault.

Offline wildman

• Posting Member
That is a little high!  I'm in SC and got a quote for $7300 for chest lipo as well as some lipo on my stomach and lovehandles.  From the prices I've seen kick around on this site, I would do some research on the best qualified PS in your area and price them out.  Even if you have to pay a couple hundred out of pocket for two more quotes it would be worth it if you saved a couple grand.  Just my advise.

Offline merle

• Gold Member
  • Author, Psychotherapist, Consultant
    • Merle James Yost, LMFT
Demystifying Gynecomastia: Men with Breasts
The first book on Gynecomastia

My newest book: Facing the Truth of Your Life is very relevant to members of this forum. It could save you a lot of unnecessary pain and time.

Book books are available on Amazon. FTTOYL is also available through your local bookstore or on Audible or iTunes.

Offline flip9111

• Posting Member
thanks for the replies, i will definitely get a couple more quotes...  The doctor was Parsons, very nice.. all types of awards, phoeix top docs etc...  but overpriced in my eyes...  thanks everyone for your replies.

Offline skyhawk

• Gold Member
Awards are not worth the frames they are mounted in. They are just paper, glass, and wood on the wall and thats all.

Gynecomastia surgery ranges from $3,000 to $7,500. I have witnessed nice results for around $4,500. There is no need to pay $8,000 for lipo only.

The surgeon you spoke of is about to get another award for attempting to charge a patient above and beyond what is usual and customary and ommit a vital step in surgery ( excision) causing the patient to endure the expense of revision surgery.

Translated..... He is trying to steal your money.

Offline merle

• Gold Member
  • Author, Psychotherapist, Consultant
    • Merle James Yost, LMFT
How much lipo are you looking at? For that cost it sounds like you would be doing abs and love handles as well.

Merle

Offline mmaman

• Silver Member
If you get only lipo then it will not fix your problem.  You should expect to pay under $5000 for glandular excision of breast tissue and liposuction for contouring of the crevace made by excision. You need to find a new doctor who understands that liposuction does not work for removing breast tissue.  Liposuction is like drinking a milkshake with a straw.  Getting the breast tissue out would be like sucking the cherry through the straw, if the cherry was a baseball  and attached to the cup.  If that makes any sense.  It does not work.  If you pay for lipo-only surgery after the advice you received then you deserve a failed surgery, which is what you will get.

Peace

Offline flip9111

• Posting Member
Thank you everyone, I appreciate all of your replies.  I personally have decided to try to lose approx 20-30 more lbs before getting the surgery.  I think the outcome will be better. 

Offline Bolognianips

• Silver Member
Was the procedure going to be done at a Hospital or a Private Facility?  Getting anything done at a hospital seems to add huge fees.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024