Author Topic: me n my gynecomastia  (Read 2962 times)

Offline speed

hi guys !! im new in here!! im in big trouble guys!! plz plz plz help!!! im speed (sorry, im disclosing my name).

guys help me. im having serious problems mentally wit my gynecomastia.
im 19 yr old male.
i am slightly chubby. Though i had puffy chests.. but it had gudd shape. i used to work out a lil. but for the last 8 months im havin serious problems. my breasts got bigger.

I have researched a bit on the internet about gynecomastia and understood what it really is. im sure i have gynecomastia.

the only problem is that i live in bangladesh. the name of doctors listed in this site r mostly from us, aus n europe. i do not know which doctor to go to. i think medicines will work on me since those nips arnt still that big.. but im feelin very bad mentally.

im gettin frustrated. i also cannot talk abt this condition wit my parents.... i feel ashamed.

guys help me out wit this!!!!

atfirst should i go to a endocrinologist???

or should i go to a physician???

will there ever b a cure??::)

my family doesnt hav financial problems.

guys help plz!!!

:-[ :-[ :-[

Offline l3rl4n

• Posting Member
I hear ya man, im 18 and i want nothing more than to get the surgery, but im too ashamed to even tell my parents...

:\

I think ima just wait till im like 23 and get the surgery once i get outa college and make a little money for myself.

Offline nukem2k5

• Breasts belong on women!
They're your parents.  What have you got to lose talking to them?
Reborn on May 24, 2005
Surgery Cost: $4,040
Dr. David Metzner - New Orleans, LA
My Photos
Two Years Post-Op Photos

Offline aux513s

• Silver Member
I agree with nukem.

I told my mom and I was embarassed too. I got over my embarassment by thinking of how (relatively) common this problem is. It's not like they're going to think of you as a freak, the worst thing they'll do is say it's "all in your head" which is what my mom did.

Offline Spleen

You're talking about it here, that's the first step.  Now on to the family.  You have to accept that for today at least, your body is what it is.  Then you can get to work on changing it.  If you contune to be ashamed and hide and fret you won't be able to do what you need to do which is look for a solution.  Best of luck.

Offline Blarneystoner

• Gyne sucks
I was scared to tell my parents at first but when I did they understood 100% and now, 3 weeks later, I'm scheduled for surgery in a week!  ;D
« Last Edit: April 21, 2005, 12:59:18 PM by Blarneystoner »
Please, Jesus, make my gyne go away!

Offline hypo

Graham you have a point about surgery not being for everyone and you are right to voice concern that it is not all sweet and rosy given that the statistics for long term success following surgery are 64%.

BUT

and it is a big one, you are being far too negative.

I have read most of the literature concerning gynecomastia from white papers written over the last 20 years and you paint a far bleaker picture than any endocrinologist that has ever written on the subject.

Your opinion is not reflective of the actual facts- lighten up.

Speed,

Yes you are best getting a referral to an endocrinologist for investigations prior to considering what course of action you may wish to take.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2005, 07:12:50 AM by hypo »

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Sounds like you are having some self image problems too.

I would ditto what Hypo said.  In addition to the Endocrinologist, a psychologist may be of great help.
Grandpa Dan

Offline myCase

Does anybody know any gyno surgeon from Bangladesh?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024