Author Topic: Recovery Time  (Read 2437 times)

Offline Tired of it

Hey I've got a question about the recovery time from sugery. I would like to know how long it would take until i could move my arms and lift stuff as normal with out worrying. Cause I'm a drummer and i kinda need to be able to move my arms. My Gyne isnt too bad but I would really like to get rid of it, but if im not going to be able to pratice my drumming I may just have to live with my Gyne. Thanks for the help. By the way I hope this post is understandable I tend to ramble on incoherently.

Offline Bob1981

• Silver Member
I'm a week post op now and am fairly well healed already.  I've got about 90% mobility in my arms now, just can't really lift them suddenly above my head and I wouldn't fancy holding anything heavy at arms length.  However, it really depends on the surgeon you choose, the surgery you have and how your body is a recovery.  For example, apparently, smokers fair worse when recovering from surgery.

Offline manic91m9

• Gold Member
1 week post op i could lift arms above my head, now at 3 weeks post op i think it would probably be ok, but i would'nt go nuts as im concerned about causing too much scar tissue and can feel slight swelling after physical activity. my surgery was minor and have healed fairly well so far.

Offline outertrial

Depends on the person in most cases. Id give it at least a few weeks before planning an activity where you have to make sudden jerky movements. I was fine lifting things but the tissue around the chest can go quite hard and immobile for some time.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024