Author Topic: Surgery at Wockhardt  (Read 12247 times)

Offline abbey

• Posting Member
Finally got the surgery scheduled. The doctor is a senior plastic surgeon Dr. Mukund Jagannathan, at the Wockhardt Hospital Mumbai. He has confirmed that he will have to remove both the glands as well as fat to get satisfactory results. This surgery is now so common that there is a walk-in walk-out all inclusive package available at the hospital... :-\

However the doctor has also told that these days the surgery does not require a half-moon cut below the nipple-areola region. Instead it is a small incision near the nipple region and the gland as well as fat is removed from that using liposuction with a special cannula. And it is not UAL. He told me that this new technique is better and the wound heals better.

Any one experienced this technique.

Offline merle

• Gold Member
  • Author, Psychotherapist, Consultant
    • Merle James Yost, LMFT
Delgado in SF has been using it and is very pleased with the results. I believe that he has posted something about it in the Supporting Doctors section. The pictures that I have seen look incredible.

Where are you located?

Merle

Demystifying Gynecomastia: Men with Breasts
The first book on Gynecomastia

My newest book: Facing the Truth of Your Life is very relevant to members of this forum. It could save you a lot of unnecessary pain and time.

Book books are available on Amazon. FTTOYL is also available through your local bookstore or on Audible or iTunes.

Offline abbey

• Posting Member
I am located in India. I am meeting the doctor again next week and will get more technical details on the procedure. The doctor is quite experienced and also the head of the plastic surgery department.

knekil

it seems to be the case in most of the hospitals in india,
i know  few guys who have gone through the procedure

Offline tony_ss

• Silver Member
is ual ultrasonic lipo?
sucking fat through a smaller incision is fine.. but sucking gland through a smaller incision -won't it be difficult? would the surgeon be able to removel the gland completely??
even in bangalore , ms venkatesh is doing the procedure same way...check-out his video...
-Tony.

Offline problem man

• Silver Member
is ual ultrasonic lipo?
sucking fat through a smaller incision is fine.. but sucking gland through a smaller incision -won't it be difficult? would the surgeon be able to removel the gland completely??
even in bangalore , ms venkatesh is doing the procedure same way...check-out his video...
-Tony.
not really, he did tell me something similar before, but he made 1/2 inch incision around the areola. First dr performed lipo and then excision. After surgery i saw the glands, they were nothing like what we see on Dr.Bermants site or some gland pics here. Here, we see two big glands removed under both the areolas but mine was cut into something like 8 pieces, it looked like french chicken fry :-\  it definitely was not classic excision.

Offline abbey

• Posting Member
The doctor said that he would not be making a 1/2 inch incision around the areola as it is done in a classic case. It is a smaller cut and both the gland and fat are removed from that using a cannula. In fact I consulted two doctors (Dr. Mohan Thomas & Dr. Mukund Jagannathan) and they both said the same. I asked then specifically whether I have gland and they said yes and it needs to be removed.

-Abbey

Offline problem man

• Silver Member
The doctor said that he would not be making a 1/2 inch incision around the areola as it is done in a classic case. It is a smaller cut and both the gland and fat are removed from that using a cannula. In fact I consulted two doctors (Dr. Mohan Thomas & Dr. Mukund Jagannathan) and they both said the same. I asked then specifically whether I have gland and they said yes and it needs to be removed.

-Abbey
Incision under the areola(half moon shaped) requires atleast 1.5 inch incision according to Dr's on this board. I guess my incision is something similar to what your surgeon meant. I myself don't know if the entire gland was removed, cos all i can feel now is the fibrous internal scar tissue which is said to dissolve in a period of 6 months.

If you have any doubt about this technique then you can always back-off. Don't let the dr's convice you, cos they are very good at marketing and all. And, ask for pics with front, left and right side views. Proceed only if ur confident. Best of luck.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2007, 12:59:39 AM by problem man »

Offline a-monk

• Posting Member
Abbey, did you consult with any other doctors in Mumbai besides Dr.Jagannathan and Dr.Mohan Thomas? I'm located in Mumbai too, an i've been looking for surgeons to consult. I did consult Dr.Thomas a while ago and he said he would use PAL(power assisted liposuction) to remove both fat and gland. However, having read some posts on this site, it seems excision is the only way to remove gland completely. If you or anybody else knows of other plastic surgeons in Mumbai, please post their names and where they practice. It would be great help..

Offline abbey

• Posting Member
I met Dr. Narendra Pandya also but unfortunately he is not doing surgery at present. I can't wait any longer hence going ahead with Dr. Jagannathan. I did not like Dr. Mohan Thomas, their approach is very commercialized. Dr. Jagannathan has assured me that the surgery would remove glands apart from fat. His procedure is better as it requires smaller cuts. He showed me some pictures also and it looked very good. I'll keep my fingers crossed and go ahead with the surgery. Lets see what happens...

There are other doctors also - B Daver, Samir Kumta, Shrirang Purohit. But the more doctors you will meet, more confused you will become.

Offline mumbai

• Posting Member
I went to wockhardt hospital, looking at your topic, and the doctor i saw was sitaram prasad, he told me that he will do lipo, and he dont think i got that much gland that it need removal, But if he found out that i do, he will take it out. He did not showed me any pics etc.

Should i trust him, or should I consult Dr Jaganathan or any other doctor?

HELP! HELP! HELP!

Offline mumbai

• Posting Member
and he said i would have to stay in the hospital for 2 days if removed the gland or 1 day if just lipo, he did not suggested and walk in walk out package. He gave me a list of blood test to do.

He also said that i would have to wear a special vest for three months, and depending on how much i take care of it post op, the better result will be, also as the tissues are taken out the skin could sag.

The cost was Rs56000

What do i do? I am in a rush i want to get this done within this month.

Offline abbey

• Posting Member
Dr. Jagannathan said that after surgery I could go home the same day also.

Whether glands are to be removed or not, the doctor should be able to tell you right in the beginning by verifying you.

I met four doctors in Mumbai and Dr. Jagannathan was the most comfortable to talk to.

If you wish meet him once.

Offline mumbai

• Posting Member
Thanks for your reply, i will see him on friday.

Could you please tell me how much is costing you?, if cant no worries.

Well its weird, when we get it done, we need to wear that vest, what will you tell to others,what it is (not that we need to show it) but in family, they will know, or suppose i am visting relatives?

I was thinking, i'll say chest infection? nah thats means like i am sick, how about, i am felling cold, its special vest to keep me warm?
Any suggestions?

Offline bloregynacomastia

• Bronze Member
Dude the Vest is very unnoticeable....Only if someone hugs you and feels the velcro fastner at the back can they notice your wearing something inside.

Avoid hugging while greeting your relatives.

The best option is to say its a slimming vest which help me lose weight.

If your a skinny guy..... then U need to say "its a posture correction brace  im wearing as recently my back is paining frequently".

the posture brace answer can be used for both skinny n plumpy guys as well.

Happy now, If your still not happy with these "award winning"  answers then face it n tell da truth.... LOLzzzzz

N one more thing.... Gosh its costing a BOMB in Bombay. I paid less than Rs. 30,000 for this surgery.....and the results r just Fantastic ask Hungry tides if U dont believe me. 56 Grand??? 2 ppl can get chopped in that amt.

Mumbai guys can come to Bangalore n get operated at a fraction of the cost....how much does a train ticket cost ? even Air Deccan has Rs. 2000 fares to Banglore from Mumbai. Come for a holiday as the weather is super duper pleasant nowadays till Jan end. stay with a friend or in a hostel Get your surgery go around n enjoy. you will need a weeks holiday only. 5 days for full recovery + 2 days enjoyment.  ASk me .....Im speaking from  my experience alone. if you dunno my story plz read my history at Dr. Anantheshwar thread.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2007, 02:17:35 PM by bloregynacomastia »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024