Author Topic: Anyone have their nipples resized after surgery?  (Read 3900 times)

Offline 762MMFMJ

• Posting Member
hey guys, I just had my surgery not to long ago at the end of august and everything went great. Its just my nipples are alittle too big for my liking and havnt retracted as much as i hoped they would have. My PS told me that this is no problem in the future due to the fact that he can do a nipple resize inoffice with local numbing its just i would like to recieve some information or advice from others who have had this done. Also if you guys could help me answer a few questions such as. Should i call him personally and tell him what i plan on asking for on our next meeting which is this coming wendesday? does it take long? how should i explain it to him on what size i want or does he just look and go by that? cause i think one is alittle smaller then the other. And does he have to cut the whole nipple all around or can he just cut alittle off the sides since my nipples seen to be flatter not so long. and last but not least what is the best way to do something like this with out freaking out? looks away? close my eyes and try to sleep? or will i be so druged i wont mind much?

Thanks again guys for all the help

Offline manic91m9

• Gold Member
first time i have heard about it in over a year on these boards. ask your surgeon how he plans on doing this.

Offline 762MMFMJ

• Posting Member
oh and just so we are on the same page, when i say nipple i mean the areola not the actual nipple.

DrBermant

hey guys, I just had my surgery not to long ago at the end of august and everything went great. Its just my nipples are alittle too big for my liking and havnt retracted as much as i hoped they would have. My PS told me that this is no problem in the future due to the fact that he can do a nipple resize inoffice with local numbing its just i would like to recieve some information or advice from others who have had this done. Also if you guys could help me answer a few questions such as. Should i call him personally and tell him what i plan on asking for on our next meeting which is this coming wendesday? does it take long? how should i explain it to him on what size i want or does he just look and go by that? cause i think one is alittle smaller then the other. And does he have to cut the whole nipple all around or can he just cut alittle off the sides since my nipples seen to be flatter not so long. and last but not least what is the best way to do something like this with out freaking out? looks away? close my eyes and try to sleep? or will i be so druged i wont mind much?

Thanks again guys for all the help

Areola Reduction Surgery can have many risks and problems better discussed during a consultation after an evaluation.  There are many techniques to tighten the skin and remove areola, each has their own compromises.  Depending on sutures to hold tissues at a smaller size is a real risk as seen in the example below where I revised a mess from Australia surgeon's use of dissolvable sutures.  Permanent sutures can break, stretch, and get infected.  Such risks are better explored during a consultation after an evaluation.

Warning Graphing During Gynecomastia Areola Reduction Surgery Pictures

You can see actual pictures during a  Revision Donut Mastopexy Areola Reduction Surgery here

Photographs during surgery to reduce big areola continue here. and there are more Pictures during surgery to reduce male areola here.

Just sculpting under the areola can result in smaller diameters, but it is in the projection or "puffiness" of the areola that sculpture behind excels.  Check out the many before after pictures of this

Nipple Areola Reduction Gallery
Male Nipple Areola Reduction Gallery
and
Nipple Areola Reduced Gallery.  These results are typical for my sculpture of my patients.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Yes, nipple reduction is possible --either as a stand alone procedure or in conjunction with gynecomastia surgery.

Some men have ultra-projecting nipples which call attention to themselves when wearing T-shirts, etc.  A normal nipple projection on a man, even in extremes of temperature or emotion when the nipple is turgid and erect, should only be 3-4 millimeters above the surrounding areola.  Any more than that and it is quite noticeable in clothing.  We are not talking about puffy nipples, here, which is a dome-like projection of the areolas.  And we are not talking about enlarged (widened) areolas -- that required a different procedure. 

The actual nipple reduction surgery can be done fairly quickly with any number of methods -- it is the surgeon's preference.  It can be done under local anesthesia or with mild sedation.  Dissolving sutures are used so they do not have to be removed after surgery.  Sensation, once everything is healed, is usually minimally affected, if at all.  Due to the nature of nipple tissues, it is virtually impossible to find the scars after appropriate healing.

Dr. Jacobs 

Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline 762MMFMJ

• Posting Member
Hey thanks for the replys,

But im really just trying to find out how hard would it be to just cut alittle of the aerolas away. I say just alittle because it doesnt really look long top to bottom just long side to side like an oval, its not round like normal. Or should i wait since it has only been about 3 months until the 6 month period to just see what it looks like then?

Thanks again for the help.

Offline manic91m9

• Gold Member
i wouldn't say perfectly round areolas is normal for a man, i think alot of the time people get this look after surgery and to me it looks a bit odd.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024