Author Topic: Health insurance impact?  (Read 1864 times)

Offline trojan213

• Bronze Member
So, occasionally there are threads about getting gyn surgery covered by insurance...

But what I'm curious about is how having plastic surgery or any elective surgery for that matter impacts your health insurance...

For example, if you get elective surgery and there are complications, will your HMO/PPO cover the bills for (ex: hemmorage, or something of the sort). Or can getting plastic surgery violate certain agreements in your policy? Increase your premiums? Is it something you will have to admit to when getting insurance in the future? (ex. when you get a new job will this be on your benefits/HR paperwork?)

Just curious because I just watched Sicko and even taken with a heavy dose of salt, I came away afraid of being screwed out of the system...

Thanks

Offline merle

• Gold Member
  • Author, Psychotherapist, Consultant
    • Merle James Yost, LMFT
As I recall it covered my meds. and blood work. They did not even submit the surgery to my health insurance. I am self employed so it came up when I got insurance but it did not rule me out.

Merle

Demystifying Gynecomastia: Men with Breasts
The first book on Gynecomastia

My newest book: Facing the Truth of Your Life is very relevant to members of this forum. It could save you a lot of unnecessary pain and time.

Book books are available on Amazon. FTTOYL is also available through your local bookstore or on Audible or iTunes.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024