Author Topic: will weed and Alcohol make gynecomastia worse?  (Read 5315 times)

Offline user310

hi, im 17 year old male and I think I have gynecomastia. Its not really bad but its noticable...im gonna try and diet and work out a bit to help it look better. I know i cant get rid of it completely but hopefully with some exercise and diet it will help some.

Anyway im just worried about me drinking Alcohol and smoking weed, is this going to make it worse? or if i already have it will it not make a difference? I get high like 2-4 times a week and drink a few times a week but im usually drinking stuff with 40% alc like vodka and whisky.

Any help would be good, thanks.

Offline manic91m9

• Gold Member
there are suggestions that there may be a link between smoking pot and gyne, occasional use probably wouldn't be a factor (and using more than occasionally is unnecessary imo.) as far as alcohol i havent heard  of it being an issue. higher body fat can increase the amount of estrogen which could contribute to breast tissue (and fat makes it look worse) and heavy drinking is said to cause weight gain. ( i personally drink heavily on weekends but don't eat the associated foods and have a low percentage of bodyfat now as a result)

Offline user310

thank you for the reply.

Yea my BF% is way to high...like im way out of shape and got like a lot of fat on my body like on my torse and stuff it doesnt stand out to much but i can deffantly grab  fat but im trying to get rid of that, I was just worried if this was gonna make it worse. I am also eating right now and I hope gyne can get a little better, I think I have gyne bit I also think some of it is just casue of fat casue my BF% is to high.

Thanks again.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2007, 10:19:35 AM by user310 »

Offline merle

• Gold Member
  • Author, Psychotherapist, Consultant
    • Merle James Yost, LMFT
alcohol is a major contributor. Traditionally when you would go to the doctor with gynecomastia, he would ask about your alcohol consumption. Alcohol destroys the liver, the liver is the major issue in gynecomastia.

There is no evidence that I am aware to support pot as being an issue.

Merle

Demystifying Gynecomastia: Men with Breasts
The first book on Gynecomastia

My newest book: Facing the Truth of Your Life is very relevant to members of this forum. It could save you a lot of unnecessary pain and time.

Book books are available on Amazon. FTTOYL is also available through your local bookstore or on Audible or iTunes.

Offline user310

ok but is it going to make gynecomastia worse by drinking? like im prity sure I already got it...and i got it before i started drinking.

Offline manic91m9

• Gold Member
lol i don't think many 17 year olds have liver problems from drinking too much?

Offline theblues

• Bronze Member
I don't think you can really increase gyne by drinking if you already have it. If you were a chronic alcoholic with destroyed liver, then you'd have to worry I guess.

I had mine before I even knew what alcohol is, and it didn't get any worse after I started drinking. But as always, I wouldn't recommend you getting wasted every day, just in case.  ;)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024