Author Topic: Blood Pressure ?  (Read 2372 times)

Offline mizuno

• Gold Member
I know that if you have to high blood pressure you can be denied surgery.
I just had mine checked earlier and it was 128 over 85. Is this good or bad ?

Offline Bolognianips

• Silver Member
Thats not horrible, I dont know what your activity level is, but a few weeks of consistant cardio could help.  A lot of drug stores have self check stations that can help you determine if you are making any gains.  Some doctors might not like the fact you have a higher blood pressure, but I dont think you are in any way at a dangerous level.  I think the term is prehypertensive.

I had similar results at one point, but two days later I came back to have it taken again, and it was back to normal, they told me that my blood pressure can be very reactive to stress etc so sometimes just being in a hospital etc can add a few. (that could be bs)

I think a great way to check is to get a home kit, or do it on your own at a drugstore, then find out what you can do to get it down (WITHOUT MEDICATION).

In general, I would try and keep a healthy diet, and get into a decent exercise routine before any sort of operation, it can do wonders for your immune system and mental health during recovery.

Offline dcvet

• Silver Member
One single reading will not dictate your blood pressure accurately.  When I take mine for the first time in the drug store it's relatively high i.e. 130 90  when i take it for the second time it's about 118 over 76.  It also depends on if you just smoked, excercised, are stressed, etc.    The best way to measure blood pressure is over several readings averaged out.  But 128 over 85 is not very high.  I know some people who have 180 over 110 - that is HIGH!!

Offline mizuno

• Gold Member
Yeah, when I checked mine I had been pretty stressed and ate an hour before that.

Checked mine this morning and it was my normal 113 over 77.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024