Author Topic: Physician's pay- What if?????  (Read 1423 times)

Offline skyhawk

• Gold Member
An interesting thought struck me the other day. When I go to the doctor, for whatever reason, the doctor gets paid for the office visit if he can help me or not. Even if no diagnoses is ever found, and the doctor can't help me. He gets his full payment. that sounds to me like motivation to be lazy and underperform.

In any other industry or service, payment doesn't happen til the job is done  and done right. If I contract a house built, the subs don't get paid until they have completed their job to satisfaction. If I pay the painter before he begins his work, I assure you the work will be sloppy and important steps wil be left out.

that is exactly why I beleive there are so many complaints on this site about Dr's who said they would perform excision but only do lipo, leaving the patient to have a revision surgery by another surgeon.

Imagine how gynecomastia surgery and the whole medical profession would change if Physicians were paid on a performance basis. If you can't help the patient, no pay! If you leave permanant damage, your liable! If you do an excellent job you get paid exceedingly well. And think about this one.... If physicians worked for tips, how would that effect how patients are treated?

I assure you that the medical proffession would make a 180 degree turn. Complete thyroid function tests would be run. nothing left out. Complete hormonal tests run. nothing left out. Plastic surgeons would have to learn what they are doing, be competent, and have happy customers. thats right! WE are customers!     

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024