Author Topic: My 2¢ on Living with Gyne  (Read 1901 times)

Offline JohnJones

I've had gyne since I was 13-14 years old.  Prior to that, I was a normal kid who had no problem going shirtless.  The gyne never disappeared as I grew older.  I considered surgery for a while, but the cost and risks involved eventually steered me away from it. 

Here are some tips I've learned that may help some of you who are dedicated to improving your situation without surgery:

Improve your posture.  I notice that many guys with gynecomastia slump over.  When I first became aware of my gynecomastia through teasing from classmates, I began to slump over in an attempt to hide it.  By the time I was 16-17, I had horrible posture.  I began to get teased about my posture rather than my gyne.  I shook it off and didn't take it seriously.  By the time I reached 20, it hurt to stand upright.  I watched videos of myself and saw how horrible I looked.  I immediately projected a lack of confidence just by the way I stood.  Over the past year, I've put effort into improving my posture.  I've noticed that the appearance of my gyne has improved.  When slumped over, the gyne makes your chest look worse since your breasts tend to droop down resembling female breasts. 

It's a long-term process, but has many health benefits in addition to the cosmetic improvement.  It feels awkward for us with gyne since it seems like we're pulling our shoulders back and showing off something which is embarrassing.  It also requires active self-control since it's easy to slump back over.  But, I definitely think it's worth the trouble.  My chest looks much better, especially without a shirt.

Lose excess weight.  I've read in the past that being overweight actually makes your gyne less noticeable, but I think this is BS...or at least a bad approach.  My goal is to be able to go outside or swimming without a shirt on...not to cover myself with heavy, black clothing hoping that my obesity will mask my abnormal chest growth.  Years ago, I decided to cut my body weight down to what is recommended by the BMI scale.  I was never huge, but losing the extra 20-30lbs I normally carried improved the way my gyne looked.  In addition to the gyne, there is often a large accumulation of fat in our chest area that can be reduced. 

Do some form of weight training.  Build up the muscles in your chest and stomach area.  I've just started this and I can see the improvement.  As your pectoral muscles grow, they dwarf the gyne.  There are examples of this in the photo section of guys who have progressed further than I have.  While many of them continue to obsess over their gyne, I can assure you that the normal person looking at them will not see this.   

This is just what I've found to be true.  They're not easy fixes, but I am satisfied knowing that there are ways to effectively deal with this.  I'm determined to go without a shirt again after so long. 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024