Author Topic: Lipo through nipple?  (Read 2281 times)

Offline monterojl

• Bronze Member
When you get excision and lipo, do they do the lipo through the nipple incision or do they do other incisions through the armpit etc..to do the lipo?

Offline manic91m9

• Gold Member
from my own experience and from after pictures ive seen on here, its common for them to use separate incisions for lipo (under arms or lower on ribcage) as they don't like to cut the nipple if it turns out to be unnecessary.

Offline mmaman

• Silver Member
If you're getting excision they will lipo throug the same cut on the nipple.  No reason to put another hole somewhere.

Offline manic91m9

• Gold Member
If you're getting excision they will lipo throug the same cut on the nipple.  No reason to put another hole somewhere.

well they gave me extra holes lol! and from post op photos ive seen here alot of people have the same incisions, both on ribcage for lipo and under the nipple for gland excision. it would certainly be better to have less incisions as far as scaring goes but if thats the way my surgeon did it it must have been because he felt it was best.

Offline MikeM24

• Posting Member

well they gave me extra holes lol! and from post op photos ive seen here alot of people have the same incisions, both on ribcage for lipo and under the nipple for gland excision. it would certainly be better to have less incisions as far as scaring goes but if thats the way my surgeon did it it must have been because he felt it was best.

I think extra incisions are for people with more severe cases and who are carrying high bodyfat wiht a lot of fat spreadout through their whole chest region that couldn't be reached through the incision under the nipple.

Offline MikeM24

• Posting Member

I could be wrong about my previous post, but I definitely agree w/ this.

Offline manic91m9

• Gold Member

I think extra incisions are for people with more severe cases and who are carrying high bodyfat wiht a lot of fat spreadout through their whole chest region that couldn't be reached through the incision under the nipple.

lol again i had very low bodyfat so maybe my surgeon just likes making allot of holes and didn't like me very much  (jk) and again other photos i have seen with these incisions weren't of people with high bodyfat either. i imagine it would be harder to lipo the area through the nipple as they would have to lipo in more than one direction to get any fat below the nipple or under the arm as well as above.

Offline MikeM24

• Posting Member
lol i dont know then... did you even really need lipo then and were extra incisions really necessary. What parts of your chest other than behind the nipple were done.

Offline manic91m9

• Gold Member
well i was really surprised when he mentioned lipo because everyone is constantly telling me im skinny. my doctor explained that this is the best way to get a perfect contour. as i understand it; when they remove gland this could leave a crater due to small amount of surrounding fat so this allowed him to remove practically all of the gland rather than leaving some to fill the crater. i think he removed a little from around the side (toward armpit) area as the muscle looks more defined now, i cant feel any fat in there now or gland so thats pretty reassuring.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024