Author Topic: topical fat burner?  (Read 4433 times)

Offline bennj51189

• Bronze Member
hey so I was reading a post earlier this week which I cannot find again that someone had mentioned that they used this cream (some topical fat burner starting with the letter v i believe) that got rid of all their fat by their breast but just left them with their gland tissue....I wanted to learn more about this cream (starting with its name) how much does it cost? how does it work? what will it leave me like working? why dont people use this everywhere then?......
anywyas thanks for the help guys always really appreciate it

Offline RyanMace

• Gold Member
It's just a scam...

Offline moobius

• Gold Member
stuff like that is designed to help mobilize estrogen related fatty deposits. your body has a natural tendency to store fat in those areas and if you dieted down to low body fat % that would be the last place the fat comes off and then the first place it comes back when you relax your diet.

these creams target the alpha-receptors and make it easier to mobilize those fatty stores so that when you exercise you can burn off that fat.  the thing IS though, that if you aren't in a calorie deficit and you aren't exercising to burn off the lipids that are released into the blood stream that they will be deposited back.

it's not some magic cream, but it CAN be helpful for a certain group of people...

if you are someone who trains vigorously and has low bodyfat (as in single digit %) with just stubborn fat pockets on the chest/love handles (these are the areas that are most prone to this fat distribution pattern in men), then with strict diet and applying these types of creams prior to intense exercise you CAN use them to HELP rid yourself of these stubborn fat stores.

if you are the regular joe couch potato who's only exercise is walking to the fridge, or 12+% bodyfat, or eating above maintenance calories then these products will do absolutely nothing for you.

for probably 90%+ of the guys on this board these products will be of no use

Offline slyblackdragon

• Silver Member
Spot reductions is a myth to sell gimicky products and exercise equipment.

Offline moobius

• Gold Member
Spot reductions is a myth to sell gimicky products and exercise equipment.

spot reduction through excercise is indeed a myth... but some of these topical fat burners DO work well IF (and i highly stress the "IF") you use them as intended. if you don't, then you're throwing money away... and it's not a long term solution. as soon as you relax the diet or stop excercising the fat comes back, and it comes back to these "trouble" spots first.

Offline dcvet

• Silver Member
I have used Yohimburn ES a number of times and it has worked for me - and that includes on chest fat around the nipples.  I also have friends that have used it with success.  As the previous poster said, if you have very high bodyfat % it wont be as helpful if your BF is relatively low.

Offline slyblackdragon

• Silver Member
do you guys have any research or studies on these claims? I am very skeptical as biology and science has taught me otherwise. Nothing against you or your experiences, I am just a skeptical S.O.B.  ;D

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024