Author Topic: Follow up surgery with Dr. Fielding (Toronto)  (Read 2861 times)

Offline Blitz

• Gold Member
  • Thank you Fielding
Hi All,

I have a topic in the diary section named Blitz's Diary.  I will amend to that later with what I'm typing here.  It will be more detailed. 

July 13, 2005:  I had surgery with Dr. Fielding.  I had a medium to severe case of gynecomastia.  I hid the reason for my surgery from my girlfriend with a great lie (read diary).  Surgery went well (I didn't die).  I did however suffered a hematoma on my left side.  A hematoma is severe bruising and swelling from invasive surgery (something like that).  My right side looked amazing.  The way a man's chest should look. I had to wait for the swelling to subside on my left side.  I gave it a good 6 months before I sized things up (pardon the pun).  Although the left looked better than when it did before surgery, I wasn't completely happy with it.  As I mentioned, my right side looked fantastic which magnified how bad the right side was.  If I were to rate both sides of my chest, I would give my right side a 10 out of 10 and my left side a 6 out of 10.

It bothered me at times but not to the point of doing something about it.  I figured, it looked better then it did before so I could live with it.  The turning point came this summer when I was at Wild Water Kingdom (water park in Toronto).  By the way, when I was there, I saw boys who couldn't be older than 14 with severe cases of gyne.  It was rampant and believe me, I felt sorry for them because if they're not aware of it now, they will be.  I didn't receive any funny stares from anyone or name calling.  I did however take my 10 year old niece with me.  There was a point during the festivities when we were toweling off and my niece looked at my chest for about 10 seconds.  She just looked at my left side.  She glanced away when I asked her if she wanted to go get some ice cream but I knew what she was looking at.  From that point on, I kept mentally nagging myself to call Dr. Fielding.

I waited for the colder weather to get here and I called up his office in September **Tip - get the surgery done during colder months.  You can wear layers to hide the bandaging and you'll be ready for the summer weather **  I got an appointment for October 22nd.  He took a  look at me with my shirt off, touched my chest and agreed that he should remove some more fat.  I made an appointment with his assistant and I was scheduled for Nov. 27th at St. Joseph's in the minor surgery wing. 

I wasn't nervous at all.  After you've had the big surgery, the follow up is a piece of cake (assuming you need it).  Plus, this was minor surgery.  No general, just local anaesthesia which means you're awake.  He cut a very small hole in the side of my ribs, put a tube in there that lead up to the left side of my chest.  He filled it up with a solution, walked away for about a half hour.  He came back and my left side was massive.  That's when he used the liposuction machine.  The machine sucked out the solution first (the solution is to loosen the fat).  Then it started sucking out my fat (yellow substance).  He worked me over good for about 20 minutes.  Didn't hurt that much considering he was using most of his strength to get to the fatty area with the long metal extension.  It's a little overwhelming if you were to look down but I kept my eyes focused on the ceiling.  I looked down at my left side when it was over and I could already see the improvement.  He bandaged me up and asked me to keep the bandage on for the next few days.  Don't get it wet. 

I've been through this before so I took my bandage off the very next morning, took my shower and bandaged myself up again.  I agree that you should wear the bandage for the first week or two, especially after the big surgery but this was lipo so I only wore it for a few days during the day but slept with it on for the first week. 

The verdict:  I'm very happy.  Actually, I'm ecstatic.  It's been close to a month and my left side looks as good as my right side. I don't blame Dr. Fielding for not getting it done right the first time because this is not an exact science.  There is some guessing to it as well.  He did correct his mistake and did a great job.  By the way, the follow up surgery was free.

I was in Mexico in May of this year and I noticed a 20 something guy who had full blown boobs (no obesity whatsoever) and walked around with his shirt off without a care in the world.  On the one hand, I would say good for you but on the other hand, I would say "Dude, you need a plastic surgeon". 

I'm telling all guys who are new to this message board and are looking for an answer.  Get the surgery.  It took me 2 months to work up the courage to call Dr. Fielding after joining this board and what I should have done was call him right away. If you're on the fence about the procedure because of fear, let me tell you, there's nothing to fear.  Maybe the bill that some of these Dr's charge but if there is something you should go into debt for, it's this.   

Offline scope

• Posting Member

Offline Blitz

• Gold Member
  • Thank you Fielding
The revision was free.  I already stated that. 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024