Author Topic: Doc said he did lipo and excision, not so sure....  (Read 6320 times)

Offline monterojl

• Bronze Member
I had my surgery done 2 days ago....The doc and i talked about getting both fat and gland out, I insisted that i wanted excision also, so that he wouldnt perform a lipo only....after i woke up from surgery, i asked the doc if he had removed the gland and he said, that i had very little gland, but he had removed it. The next day i remove my bandage to take a shower and my chest if flat except for an area next to the nipple, between the nipple and armpit...more towards the nipple, i guess you get the idea.....and it feels kind of bumpy, like gland....but i dont know if its gland, or just  scar tissue from the op, although i think its too soon for scar tissue...and the incisions he made were under the nipple, but like .5cm wide, kind of like lipo insicions, not the half circle incision, so this makes me wonder, if he performed lipo only or did he really removed gland as he said......

Any suggestions?
« Last Edit: January 06, 2008, 03:25:58 PM by monterojl »

Offline ddaavviiddd

• Silver Member
if u do not have a scar under your nipple then he did no excision

Offline monterojl

• Bronze Member
if u do not have a scar under your nipple then he did no excision

I do have a scar under mi nipple, but its .5cm....its the size of a lipo incision...not the typical half circle ive seen docs do around the nip...so im not sure if he did lipo only or if he took the gland through that tiny hole....

DrBermant

I had my surgery done 2 days ago....The doc and i talked about getting both fat and gland out, I insisted that i wanted excision also, so that he wouldnt perform a lipo only....after i woke up from surgery, i asked the doc if he had removed the gland and he said, that i had very little gland, but he had removed it. The next day i remove my bandage to take a shower and my chest if flat except for an area next to the nipple, between the nipple and armpit...more towards the nipple, i guess you get the idea.....and it feels kind of bumpy, like gland....but i dont know if its gland, or just  scar tissue from the op, although i think its too soon for scar tissue...and the incisions he made were under the nipple, but like .5cm wide, kind of like lipo insicions, not the half circle incision, so this makes me wonder, if he performed lipo only or did he really removed gland as he said......

Any suggestions?

Healing tissues and scars tend to be firm, just like gland.  Size of incision depends on the problem to be treated, skills of the surgeon and other factors.  I can excise very large glands through tiny incisions and have never needed the "half circle incision" for a standard gynecomastia case.  Check out the Large Gland I can typically remove from a small incision here.  I do use larger sized incisions for my Male Mastopexy Chest Lift, but these typically are under 3 cm each.  For Areola Reduction Revisions and Skin reduction Chest Lift Surgery, I need longer incisions.

Asking your surgeon is the best method to find out what was done.  Being patient and seeing how tissues evolve is necessary in most cases.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

Offline monterojl

• Bronze Member

Any suggestions?

Healing tissues and scars tend to be firm, just like gland.  Size of incision depends on the problem to be treated, skills of the surgeon and other factors.  I can excise very large glands through tiny incisions and have never needed the "half circle incision" for a standard gynecomastia case.  Check out the Large Gland I can typically remove from a small incision here.  I do use larger sized incisions for my Male Mastopexy Chest Lift, but these typically are under 3 cm each.  For Areola Reduction Revisions and Skin reduction Chest Lift Surgery, I need longer incisions.

Asking your surgeon is the best method to find out what was done.  Being patient and seeing how tissues evolve is necessary in most cases.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD

Dr. Bermant i really appreciate your input, youre a great help to this forum. But is it normal to have hard healing tissue or scar just the next day after surgery? doesnt this kind of tissue take a couple of weeks to form? Because ive seen pictures in this forum of people completely flat just the day after surgery, and then after some weeks, the scar tissue begins to form.

Thanks...

DrBermant

Any suggestions?

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD

Dr. Bermant i really appreciate your input, youre a great help to this forum. But is it normal to have hard healing tissue or scar just the next day after surgery? doesnt this kind of tissue take a couple of weeks to form? Because ive seen pictures in this forum of people completely flat just the day after surgery, and then after some weeks, the scar tissue begins to form.

Thanks...

Tissues sculpted with surgery are usually firm, just like any cut.  How soft they become depend on the problem treated, surgical techniques, after surgery care, scar care, how a patient heals, skill of the surgeon, and other factors.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD

Offline monterojl

• Bronze Member

Any suggestions?

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD

Thanks...

Tissues sculpted with surgery are usually firm, just like any cut.  How soft they become depend on the problem treated, surgical techniques, after surgery care, scar care, how a patient heals, skill of the surgeon, and other factors.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD

Yes I understand this. My questions is do this tissue form as quick as the next day of surgery?

DrBermant

Any suggestions?

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD

Thanks...

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD

Yes I understand this. My questions is do this tissue form as quick as the next day of surgery?

Injured tissue which can happen during the operation can feel firm.  Swelling injured tissue is also usually firm.  For my patients, I advise them that they should not be stressing recently sculpted tissue as the added stress can be harmful.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD

Offline PAPUN

hey...I do have the same problem.
I had my surgery done two weeks ago in miami by dr. bivens.
My problem is that I feel this hard thing on the left side of my left niple.
he told me the samething, that I wasn't going to need to much gland to be taken out, it was going to be more lipo than anything else.
now I do have a very small hole on my left nipple, just like the one he did for the lipo. but my left breast feels hard in some parts, I guess due to the swelling, and soft like gellatin right under the niple.
I really don't feel he did any excision, and now my left breast is noticeable bigger than my right.
I'm very dissapointed, and I hope on monday when I go back to him he will agree to perform a second lipo to at least make my chest look more normal. although I dont think after two weeks post-op he'll be able to perform a second lipo.
I'ved been hiding my chest for so many years, and now when I finally thought that I was going to be able to feel free is when I feel the worse.
Anybody out there, please comment on this subject!!!.

Offline monterojl

• Bronze Member
At 2 weeks? wow, then how come everyone else says you have to wait at least 3 month to get the idea of the final result....im 3 weeks post op, and my results are not near of what i wanted....I hope i still have swelling.... ???

Offline mmaman

• Silver Member
Cannot agree with maywest enough.  Six months is a joke.  I was fighting forest fires the day after surgery.  I lifted weights a week later and the pump i got to my chest cleaned out the stagnant hematoma.  Final results were seen ten minutes into my chest workout.  If it has been 2 or 3 weeks and you are not happy, talk to your doc.  I say this as a person who went through surgery and THREE revisions.   I kept insisting on the doc that i was not satisfied and finally i am.  Don't be scared of your surgeon. He's just some nerd who possibly tried to rip you off.  Keep that in mind as you remain the alpha dog in the room.  Keep eye contact and tell him exactly how you feel.   

Peace

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
always stand up for yourself, but every case is going to vary some, depending on what was done.  some guys will be like you, others won't be able to lift a fork the next day.  and not all, but some cases will take months or more for final, people have freaked and then come back later saying it turned out ok after all. 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline mmaman

• Silver Member
Headheldhigh has a point but very rarely will anyone see changes after the first month, and that is being generous.  I would like to hear of a single person who was not happy after six weeks and then was happy six months later.  They almost always just disappear from the website.  Show me one person who did and i will show you results that I would not be happy with. 

Talk to your doc

Offline PAPUN

hey guys!...I will have my third revision coming up after two monts from surgery.
obviously I'm not happy with the results as I can still see my big boobs.
I'ved been doing the atkins/south beach diet, and still my boobs are the same size.
my question is: how should I aproach my surgeon about a surgery to fix my problem if they usually will tell you that that's the best result possible due to your body physique?,

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024